Just saw the BMW Electric

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

Dear god it is UGLY and tiny !

I had seen pics on line and even a short video, but I thought it was taller, bigger.

Nope. Looked like a short fat ugly duck

tigger19687 said:

I had seen pics on line and even a short video, but I thought it was taller, bigger.

Nope. Looked like a short fat ugly duck

Well, some think the Kia Soul EV is ugly. To each it's own, I guess.

True
But I look at BMW as making sleek, beautiful cars. Sophisticated and refined.

I guess I was just a tad taken back by it when I saw it in person.

I drove one for one of their three day test drives and it is actually surprisingly roomy inside, at least in the front. It also has technology and performance and handling that we can only dream of in the Soul... That said, the range is disappointing, the Rex is a laugh, and it is not cheap. We passed on it.

tigger19687 said:

TomT said:
I drove one for one of their three day test drives and it is actually surprisingly roomy inside, at least in the front. It also has technology and performance and handling that we can only dream of in the Soul... That said, the range is disappointing, the Rex is a laugh, and it is not cheap. We passed on it.

I test drove one last year when they were just becoming available. I'd have to agree on the roominess. I was also surprised by all of the nice little features. The one that most caught my attention was the windows dropping slightly - maybe a 1/4" to 1/2" - when you open the door, so when you close the door, you don't get air back-pressure that can lead to either excessive slamming force to close the door, or the door needing to be opened and closed again because it didn't close.

As for the range - totally - BMW missed the mark on that - I would rather have had extra batteries and pass on the Rex ... The Soul is proving to have just enough range for me - 140km - 180km covers my daily drive with a 20% contingency.

Back