Clipper Creek LCS-20 will not work

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgilpatric

I have a 2016 Soul which charges fine on the standard level 1 charger. To get a faster charge I bought a used Clipper Creek 3.6kw charger. It appears to start working and I get no errors. After 2 minutes the charging system shuts down, the three lights flash on the dash board.

I checked the cable and it appears good and the relay in the charger closes. It seems like the car will not initiate charging. CC says there is no software update that would address this. Could the car need a firmware update? Any other suggestions? I may return the unit to CC to have them diagnose.

Thanks

I have had a Clipper Creek EVSE fail and they were very gracious about it. The error indication appeared on the EVSE itself.

But this sounds like an OBC (on-board charger) failure. Can you charge the car with the Level 1 EVSE that came with the car? If you can, then get back to Clipper Creek. If you can’t, then this is a Kia issue.

Back