2017 EV+ need battery replacement, not sure where to start.

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PensiveWolF

Hi all, just found this site and hoping someone can Help direct me, My brother and I bought a used 2017 EV+ from a dealer in 2019 and the battery is now lasting for about 62 miles when fully charged. I've been looking around a bit and know that the battery charge has to be at or less than 70% life to qualify for replacement but beyond that I'm not really sure how to start the process to get that to happen. I just called my local Kia dealer and their service department is closed today(Sundays) but was told by a salesperson that service could help with this. Is that correct or do I need to contact the manufacturer directly?

We bought extra warranty when we bout the soul, but at the moment I'm having a hard time finding the paper work for that, Will i need that info when doing this? or should that be in their records? we bought it at a different dealer far away not our local dealer.

Any help or guidance on how to get the replacement process started and what I'll need to do it would be greatly appreciated.

Just go to your service department and if they are any good they should take care of testing your battery and getting the warranty process started. The EV warranty is covered for all owners and the extended warranty paperwork won't matter as long as you're under 10 years 100,000 miles.

If you want some extra proof before going in and having them test then use Soul EV Spy and a Bluetooth OBDII adapter to get the battery state yourself. Some dealers have been known to reset the BMS before testing so that everything looks good. Hopefully your dealer isn't full of terrible people.

mammlouk said:
... Some dealers have been known to reset the BMS before testing so that everything looks good. ...
All dealers will probably do this. It is standard procedure to update the software first.
They are not being evil. This is normally the best thing to do.
That the update resets the BMS to show zero deterioration is unknown to them.
If you are lucky the service tech has done this before and now knows this issue.
I think it is very unlikely than an evil dealer knows about this and is using the issue against you.
An intelligent evil dealer is probably more interested in the money to be made by doing the service work under warranty.

Back