Park not keeping the car in place

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliceofsky

I and my wife have both had experiences where we put our 2016 Soul Ev in park and it began rolling. For her it happened right away and she slid back in the seat and put her foot on the brake. For me the car had been parked for 30 minutes. I had it plugged into a charger and it was actively charging. When I went around to open the back hatch I leaned gently against the bumper to reach in and felt the car shift and move away from me slowly rolling about two feet until it hit a wall. I feel blessed it did not smash the charger, cord or plug.
Has anyone else had this happen?

Looks like Kia is making this an official recall.
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1128853_2015-2016-kia-soul-ev-recalled-for-rollaway-risk

-
2015-2016 Kia Soul EV recalled for rollaway risk.
I am surprised they didn't do this everywhere 3 years ago.
Here in Korea we got this as a standard upgrade when you took the car in for a service check.

Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) firmware update

Presumably there is some cost involved in re-certifying the car when a change to the brakes is made. Kia has avoided this cost for as long possible, but has now been forced to do it.

-

Back