Actual Range

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mallarij

I leased a 2017 KIA Soul EV and I was told that that range was between 150 to 180kms. Today I went to a ChargePoint station and made sure to charge it at 100%.

When I finished charging the it showed me at 100% fully charged with 113km range. Is this accurate? I drove it home , 21kms away, and by the time I got home I was at 77% charge.

Am I doing something wrong here? Can anyone tell me the actual range of this car on a full charge?

The range will vary depending on your driving style (ie how fast you drive), if you are using heat/AC (or just the heated/cooled seats), if you are on the highway or using local roads, and of course the temp outside. The gauge itself is a GOM (guess-o-meter), which does its best but its not always accurate. What really matters though is the % of battery left and your current kWh/mile.

In miles, I see it vary from 67 to 97, depending on the outside temperature (temps 27*F-90*F).

That is what is displayed on the guessometer. I find I get 10+ more actual miles IRL.

yes.

because when i start my EV (with 100%), i have on the dashboard :

- 107km at -3°C
- 117km at +3°C
- 127km at +9°C

for the same consumption at the plug ( ~ 40kWh/100km for 25km).

@mallarij

we have had lots of ice and snow on the streets of Vancouver in the last couple weeks and getting similar GOM readings.
rest assured that when summer returns, you will be getting close to 200km actual range with A/C on (city driving, GOM around 170 at 100% charge)

mysoulev said:
@mallarij

we have had lots of ice and snow on the streets of Vancouver in the last couple weeks and getting similar GOM readings.
rest assured that when summer returns, you will be getting close to 200km actual range with A/C on (city driving, GOM around 170 at 100% charge)

I really can't wait for that... this 7F or -13C temp is causing havoc on the battery (especially since I don't have a place to change indoors).

Back