Winter battery charging question

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martysmom

Hi everyone,
Forgive me if this has been asked before but I was watching this video on YouTube recently about this guy in Montreal who parks his Soul EV outside at -10 degrees and in the screen shot, his range says 102 upon start-up. I start my car in Massachusetts at 5 degrees and it only goes up to 86. Is there something I can be doing (or get fixed) to boost my car's cold weather range? In warmer weather, of course, my range is just fine.
Thanks for the assist!

Ah, I confess I was never very good at the whole kilometer thing so I didn't even think of that. Thanks for explaining that to me. But I confess I was kind of disappointed - I was hoping there would be some thing I could do, that I wasn't doing, to get better cold weather mileage!

Thanks again!

Also, the range estimator doesn't show the actual range of a vehicle. It shows the estimated range, based on the last segment of the last drive. If you really want to see a higher number, shut the heat off for the last several miles of a trip, and drive slowly. In any case, the actual available range doesn't change - just the estimate.

Back