Home Level 1 Charging. Fault

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankinva

Hello,
Just got a used Kia Soul EV, boy do I have a lot to learn.

I have been using the simple Level 1 charger at my house, in my garage. It seems to click over to FAULT on the KIA OEM cord (Power, Charging, or Fault). Sometimes as fast as 5 minutes, sometimes after a hour or two.

Why is this happening? Is there a way to have it autorestart? It didnt trip the circuit in the electrical room. Am I pulling too much power? Is there a way to have it pull less power? Or use a Killawatt to see what is going on?

Also in the car there seems to be options for scheduling hours for charging. I dont see how to turn this off so it will simply always charge when plugged in.

And I can't get the UVO app to work. The car says to go to the app, the app says to go to the car!!

Man, this is tricky. Is there a 101 tutorial somewhere for all of this?

Frank

1) Level 1 charging fault - It could be a fault on the car, double check by trying to charge at a public Level 2, if that fails take it to the dealer for a failed OBC replacement. More likely is that you have a bad outlet / wiring and it is detecting something like a voltage drop due to a bad connection. Also make sure you are not using an extension lead.

2) Disabling scheduled charging hours - just press the timer disable button that is next to the charging door open button. Timer disable button pushed in and it will start charging when you plug in, button out will wait for the scheduled timing hours.

3) UVO - can't help you with this, I'm in Canada and we don't get UVO.

4) There's some information in the manual and quite a bit on this board. Just remember that people post here with problems and don't worry too much about your car.

frankinva said:
And I can't get the UVO app to work. The car says to go to the app, the app says to go to the car!!

I had to call Kia Customer service and on the third try I got someone who understood what my dilemma was. She had someone in the tech department remove the car from the previous owners MyUVO account which then allowed me to add the car to my account. If you know the previous owner, ask them to log into their MyUVO account and delete the car from their profile. That should also free up the car for you to add to your account.

As far as a 101 tutorial, just ask lots of questions and search on this forum. Many on here have extensive backgrounds and experience with EVs. In my case I've been driving EVs since 2006 and have a degree in physics. If our answer doesn't make sense to you, ask for clarification.

Back