How to cancel a level 2 charge?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevempotter

This seems like a silly question, but the only way I can figure out how to stop a level2 charge is to set the threshold to some number below what the battery is currently at. Why is there no "STOP CHARGING NOW BECAUSE I WANT TO GO NOW" button? My Wallbox charger says you must stop a charge from the car's end. So the charger cable is locked on to the car until I get to my set threshold.

Hit the unlock button on the key fob 3-4 times and the charge port will unlock allowing you to remover the charge plug.

1979mini said:
Hit the unlock button on the key fob 3-4 times and the charge port will unlock allowing you to remover the charge plug.
At least on the 2021 model, there's also a setting in the menus that lets you unplug while charging. By default it was set to lock the plug in the car while charging.

MassDeduction said:
1979mini said:
At least on the 2021 model, there's also a setting in the menus that lets you unplug while charging. By default it was set to lock the plug in the car while charging.

Yes, that works as well.

Back