JejuSoul

Re: Next Generation Soul EV will be Bigger! And for Europe only.

Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:28 am

-
Definitely a new Soul EV - seen here testing at the Nürburgring in Germany. Autoblog: Next-gen Kia Soul EV spied

Also seen this quote : SpeakEV Forum : More info on 2019 Soul

... Met Johnny Smith at the Eden Project today. Says he has tested the 2019 Soul. Over 300 mile range apparently. Should be a Fully Charged show on it in November.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

JejuSoul

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 am

-
The new Soul EV was seen in camo charging at a local DCFC here in Jeju a couple of days ago. So it seems it will be released in Korea. The local dealer now says a 39.2kWh version with a range of 250km will be released here next year. ( No mention of the 64kWh version that everyone else is expecting.)

More rumours and latest spyshots here - 2020 Kia Soul EV Spied at The Nurburgring With Full-LED Headlights

-
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

ZuinigeRijder

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:56 am

2020 Kia Soul EV Prototype Reveals Dashboard, Much Improved Range:
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/09/2020-kia-soul-ev-prototype-reveals-dashboard-much-improved-range/

The central display shows this prototype can drive for 437 km (271 miles) on a 92% battery charge.

Design-wise, the layout is definitely more modern, with a new steering wheel, a new, larger infotainment display, larger air vents, a redesigned climate control stack and a new center console featuring a rotary-style shifter instead of a more traditional one.

DaveZsoulEV

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:04 pm

I leased a 2016 soul EV because of the cargo space. I love it!! While I am looking forward to more range, it must have room for my family and camping equipment. I would be very disappointed if the Soul EV 2020 didn't have a 240 mile range.

Dave Z

BEC

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:40 pm

I sure hope that 2020 version with the 64 kWh battery is available by next September 15th when my current 2016 Soul EV's lease is due. After some cursory looks at the alternatives, we would really like to keep the overall utility and fun of the Soul. I will have a look at the Hyundai Kona however as a hedge. The Bolt is too small and while the Model 3 is lovely, it's not quite as flexible with respect to bulky stuff as the Soul (or my current ICE car - Mazda3 5-door).

That the Kona EV is supposed to be available early next year (per Hyundai web site) is encouraging....
Bernard Cawley
Auburn WA

2016 Caribbean Blue/Clear White EV

JejuSoul

Next Generation Soul EV will be Bigger!

Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:39 am

-
We now know that the new Soul EV will have a 64kWh battery and will be released in Korea, USA and Europe.

Looking at the pictures and reading the specs this car seem to be almost identical to the N iro EV.

Source: InsideEVs

Return to “News and Main Soul EV Forum Discussions”