Soul EV availability: 5 more states announced

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec

Kia announces 5 more U.S. states where the electric version of the Soul will go on sale:

http://www.kia-world.net/soul-ev-on-sale-texas-georgia-oregon-washington-hawaii/

Well they just shot their foot off by going to GA !!
They , just about, have killed the EV money that they were giving and are thinking of charging $200 a year in fees from the Registry of Motor vehicles.

Hope they change that to NY instead. They are more likely to get sales there

tigger19687 said:
Well they just shot their foot off by going to GA !!
They , just about, have killed the EV money that they were giving and are thinking of charging $200 a year in fees from the Registry of Motor vehicles.

Hope they change that to NY instead. They are more likely to get sales there
Agreed! ;)

Did you notice though, that none of the five new states are in the chilly northeast?

Count me as one of the Georgia residents who is sorry to see the EV incentive about to expire--which I why I bought my Soul EV this spring instead of later in the year.

The insider talk I've heard is that even though Kia is making the Soul EV available in more markets, they are still bringing just a handful of EVs into the country. Despite the fact that local Nissan dealers have been selling more Leafs than any other dealerships in the nation, Kia is only bringing a dozen or two Soul EVs here to Atlanta each month. It's a lot of work for Kia NA to ensure dealership staff is trained on this new model (staff have to sit through a comprehensive training seminar)--and if each dealer will only be selling a couple Soul EVs a month, it makes sense that they're not in any hurry to roll it out to new markets.

I just leased one with a $11,000 incentive from Kia, from Rick Case in Atlanta, their staff was some what knowledgeable on the EV, but still could not answer all my questions. But all in all they did a great job, much better than the previous dealer I spoke with who told me that the blue lights on the dash above the radio were for the Bluetooth speaker lightshow and also I would get free oil changes as an incentive for purchasing a Soul EV.

Back