tires for mild winters, more wet than snow

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubluv

I live on Long Island, NY, where we get some snow, but mostly warm enough where snow switches to slush. I've just gotten our 2017 Soul EV, and have heard only horror stories about the stock tires in wet or snow. Nokian r2 winter tires were recommended but they're really for harsh weather and snow, and maybe not so great in wet, but still better than the original tires. I'd like to get some suggestons for a dedicated winter tire for my region. I was considering a good all season, but that idea has drawbacks, as some have said they aren't great at any one season. it really comes down to spending extra on a set of dedicated wheels, which at around $60 each isn't terrible

i use profiled tires (summer, specialy designed for rainy countries) ... because, it's only snow 1 year every 4 (for 2 weeks).

i can drive with snow highway with summer tires but only if it's a profiled tire pattern ... (V for rain and not line like the almost all summer tires)

YD7x0V.jpg

http://www.automobile-propre.com/forums/kia-soul-ev/quoi-prendre-pour-changer-les-pneus-originals-t5600-30.html#p97948

Back