Forgetting the charge door

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiaSoulHammer

This morning I unplugged the charger, hopped in the car, an drove to work.

When I arrived I noticed my charging door was still open. Oops!

It won't drive while the charging cable is plugged in, but from inside the car I can't tell the door is open. Any tips for making sure I don't forget this in the future?

This is a 2018 Kia Soul EV.

On my 2016 a message comes up in the display saying charging door open if I don't close it.

I wonder if the switch/sensor that should lead to a dashboard warning doesn't need to be checked. I can't imagine they took that feature out between 2016 and 2018 models....

I did that myself yesterday.

My 2018 does show a warning on the dashboard, but I think it goes away as soon as you start driving.

I have the same problem. Have done the same thing multiple times. No indication on the instrument cluster I left the door and charge port cover, open. Not a good thing, I imagine if driven in the rain... I have a 2018 Soul EV

Thanks for the picture. I see it is described in this manual: https://carownersmanualpdf.com/online-manual-owners-manuals-soul-ev-2017/bZKsdz/OCpwDT/123

But I can't get it to appear on my dash. Weird.

Back