MassDeduction
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:24 pm

Differences between the 2020 and 2021 Kia Soul EV?

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:22 pm

I was curious about the differences (if any) between the 2020 and 2021 Kia Soul EVs, and the only thing I found online was this video that goes through it in a lot of detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsC-RYncSlM

That doesn't mean they didn't miss something, however. Does anyone know of any other differences?

MisterEV
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:43 pm

Re: Differences between the 2020 and 2021 Kia Soul EV?

Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:01 pm

One difference between the two is that MY2020 comes with 5 free years of UVO, while MY2021 only comes with 3 years. As for appearance, the green colour was dropped for 2021, and also for 2021 the word SOUL at the upper rear sides of the C (or D?) pillar is now filled in with a blue colour.

MassDeduction
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:24 pm

Re: Differences between the 2020 and 2021 Kia Soul EV?

Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:27 pm

MisterEV wrote:One difference between the two is that MY2020 comes with 5 free years of UVO, while MY2021 only comes with 3 years. As for appearance, the green colour was dropped for 2021, and also for 2021 the word SOUL at the upper rear sides of the C (or D?) pillar is now filled in with a blue colour.

Yeah, that 5-to-3 years of UVO was identified in the video I posted. What does UVO cost per year for the Soul EV once the free period runs out? I did a web search, but couldn't find that info online.

MisterEV
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:43 pm

Re: Differences between the 2020 and 2021 Kia Soul EV?

Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:45 am

MassDeduction wrote:
MisterEV wrote:One difference between the two is that MY2020 comes with 5 free years of UVO, while MY2021 only comes with 3 years. As for appearance, the green colour was dropped for 2021, and also for 2021 the word SOUL at the upper rear sides of the C (or D?) pillar is now filled in with a blue colour.

Yeah, that 5-to-3 years of UVO was identified in the video I posted. What does UVO cost per year for the Soul EV once the free period runs out? I did a web search, but couldn't find that info online.


I found something relating to price for UVO service. Apparently, we are using the "lite" version. As for the paid versions, there are tiers. Take a look:

https://www.petawawakia.com/2019/11/27/what-is-kias-uvo-intelligence/#:~:text=Kia's%20UVO%20Intelligence%2C%20and%20What%20You%20Need%20To%20Know&text=UVO%20Lite%20is%20complimentary%20for,a%20month%20or%20%24297%20annually.

MassDeduction
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:24 pm

Re: Differences between the 2020 and 2021 Kia Soul EV?

Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:23 pm

MisterEV wrote:I found something relating to price for UVO service. Apparently, we are using the "lite" version. As for the paid versions, there are tiers. Take a look:

https://www.petawawakia.com/2019/11/27/what-is-kias-uvo-intelligence/#:~:text=Kia's%20UVO%20Intelligence%2C%20and%20What%20You%20Need%20To%20Know&text=UVO%20Lite%20is%20complimentary%20for,a%20month%20or%20%24297%20annually.

That's very helpful, thank you!

Return to “General / Main Kia e-Soul Forum for Owners”