bijan

Re: Thinking of getting a higher mileage 2016

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:17 pm

rscamp wrote:You might also be able to delete history. I'm not sure.

If you can run it down low and do a full charge this made the most difference in the GOM estimate for me. 200 Wh/km seems like Model S/X territory. I'm averaging about 130 Wh/km for city driving in this Soul EV.

Yes you can delete history. In mine it's menu->delete history

That was mostly fast highway driving. But I mash the gas pedal. My wife is getting 140-150 city.

EVDee

Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:50 pm

So I finally got mine on the weekend.

Quite a story to tell, but for now I'll spare everyone the long read and give you the TLDR:
- I waited 2 weeks for my car to arrive. Lots of delays, but ironically it arrived sooner than the last delayed ETA - Yay! Right?
- Insurance company wasn't open until Monday - boo..
- Dealer/Shipper forgot to ship the plates! - BOO!

So my car is parked in my driveway, charged up, and insured as of this morning - but unable to go anywhere until I get my plates in the mail..

Back to the weekend, considering I had nothing but time - I started doing a tear down to try and get all taxi equipment out. I'll share photos in a separate post in the future, but I've torn apart as much as I can and while intuition got me as far as it did - a proper manual would be a god send at this point. I see one can be bought online for $15, but just as with the head unit update, I'm curious if that resource is lurking around here somewhere?

Despite being unable to drive my car so far, and the interior being ripped apart - I really like it so far :lol:
The A/C kept me cool while I worked inside and Android Auto now blasts away my tunes.

Going to be an interesting summer 8-)

JejuSoul

Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:09 pm

-
EVDee - on the Just picked up Soul EV 2020 Limited in Vancouver you post.
EVDee wrote:...I drive, A lot.
From Monday to Friday I travel ~300km per day at a speed of ~95-100km/hr on the highway, which most of it is. I'm curious if it's possible to ditch my gas burner and do this instead with either a Soul EV or the N iro EV, and year round? I live in an area where -20C is usually the normal for the colder part of winter, polar vortexes aside.

So what car is it that you have just bought.
I doubt a higher mileage 2016 Soul EV ex Teo Taxi is going to work well for the usage you describe above.
And please do post again with the lengthy description and photos of any modifications you make on the car.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

EVDee

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:50 pm

JejuSoul - Yeah, so my job involves a lot of driving, but also has a company vehicle to use. If I was able to use my own I'd make more money, but it just didn't seem worth the hassle. So this is strictly for my personal use, which is well within the range of the vehicle.

Tcalp

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi Guys,

I picked up my 2016 Kia Soul today, working on driving back from Toronto to Ottawa at the moment. Getting about 90-105KM per charge, is this low enough to get a replacement as this is pretty brutal, I can only really make it 60-70KM before having to stop to charge, rarely hitting any rapid charge...

JejuSoul

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:49 am

Tcalp wrote:... I can only really make it 60-70KM before having to stop to charge...

Try driving slower, you will be able to get much further on the same charge.
And yes; it does sound like you will be getting a replacement battery soon.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

notfred

Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:57 am

I would consider having it shipped rather than trying to drive it.

thesalmonmousse

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:34 pm

EVDee wrote:I started doing a tear down to try and get all taxi equipment out. I'll share photos in a separate post in the future, but I've torn apart as much as I can and while intuition got me as far as it did - a proper manual would be a god send at this point. I see one can be bought online for $15, but just as with the head unit update, I'm curious if that resource is lurking around here somewhere?

Would be really interested to see the pics as my mechanic at the Kia dealership didn't want to touch any of the modifications. I was wondering how feasible it would be to attack this myself given I have zero experience with car repairs or if I'm better off just finding a guy that will do it. Tried removing the 2 aluminum blocks on the roof but all that accomplished was to break an allan key.

Main thing would be removing all the taxi mods from the windshield. Restoring the AUX/USB and back door remote opening isn't a huge deal for me.

Tcalp wrote:I can only really make it 60-70KM before having to stop to charge, rarely hitting any rapid charge...

Shipping is really not that complicated. Cost me only 375$ (tx incl.) Toronto to Montreal. There was a guy having his shipped to BC from the same dealer.

Tcalp

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:43 pm

JejuSoul wrote:
Tcalp wrote:... I can only really make it 60-70KM before having to stop to charge...

Try driving slower, you will be able to get much further on the same charge.
And yes; it does sound like you will be getting a replacement battery soon.

I wasn't going particularly fast, generally sticking in the 100-110 area.

I did a road test today on a full charge, looks like I can make ~95-100KM if I'm staying under 100

notfred

Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Yup, the Soul is an un-aerodynamic brick. On the highway put the cruise on at 105kph, but if you really want to cover some distance take the back roads where your speed is 60-80kph.

Return to “Buying a Kia Soul EV”