notfred

Re: Thinking of getting a higher mileage 2016

Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:32 pm

If they can't break the threadlock with a more sturdy tool then they would just drill out the bolt.

Tcalp

Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 am

For those that have re-mounted their usb/aux dash, how on earth did you get the thing back in, I've applied immense amounts of pressure to no avail. Did you use a compression tool of some sort ?

robbiedrowbot

Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:46 pm

Tcalp wrote:For those that have re-mounted their usb/aux dash, how on earth did you get the thing back in, I've applied immense amounts of pressure to no avail. Did you use a compression tool of some sort ?

It can be inserted by disconnecting both cables on the back and then slide it in from the front of the console. Clean all the sticky foam residue or it won't fit in. Press gently, you should hear a click noise, then reconnect both aux and USB cables back in.

ksoul2084

Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:19 pm

ksoul2084 wrote:My 2016 former-Teo taxi Soul had the sign removed but they left the giant holes in the roof and simply covered them with a black wrap. Yesterday it hailed here and the wrap tore open over most of the holes, exposing the inside of the roof to the elements. :(

So now I need to figure out a long-term solution to plugging the holes to keep them water-tight and as visually appealing as possible.

Since the black wrap on the roof was damaged in several places by the hail I'm thinking of removing it entirely to expose the original light blue paint, though I have no idea what other cosmetic / paint damage might be lurking under the wrap from the sign, etc.

Any suggestions on how to plug these large holes? I'm thinking a large, thin bolt of some sort and some water-rated silicone but maybe there is some kind of thin plastic plug or something that would look better?

For now I've covered the holes with Guerrilla Tape. Looks better than you'd think.

Tcalp

Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:06 am

Took my car in to see about having the battery replaced under warranty, wish me luck

bijan

Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:48 am

Tcalp wrote:Took my car in to see about having the battery replaced under warranty, wish me luck

Good luck!

bijan

Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:50 am

Just got a bluetooth OBD2 adapter. Says my battery state of health is 110%. According to the Canadian facebook group that's normal for a brand new 27kwh battery. Looks like this confirms that the battery was indeed replaced this April and that the car was barely driven since.

Tcalp

Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:00 pm

bijan wrote:Just got a bluetooth OBD2 adapter. Says my battery state of health is 110%. According to the Canadian facebook group that's normal for a brand new 27kwh battery. Looks like this confirms that the battery was indeed replaced this April and that the car was barely driven since.

If the battery was replaced it should be stated on carfax report.

bijan

Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:08 pm

Tcalp wrote:If the battery was replaced it should be stated on carfax report.

Carfax just said service without details just said who did the service and the km on odometer. I called the dealer/shop that did the repair and they said it was the high voltage battery which was replaced. This reading just confirms it.

thesalmonmousse

Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:38 am

EVDee wrote:Back to the weekend, considering I had nothing but time - I started doing a tear down to try and get all taxi equipment out. I'll share photos in a separate post in the future,

Did you manage to get the roof brackets off? I've had no luck so far. Mechanic quoted me 400$. Says the interior lining needs to be removed as everything is bolted from underneath. I'd just want to blocks removed, I don't mind leaving the flat bars there.

Return to “Buying a Kia Soul EV”