ksoul2084

Re: Thinking of getting a higher mileage 2016

Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:53 am

I went ahead and painted my white wheel covers black. Love it!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1126

FueledUpRooster

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:39 pm

Tcalp wrote:Took my car in to see about having the battery replaced under warranty, wish me luck

What ever came of this?!?! I am going to try booking an appointment soon, dealer said my battery was replaced but I called KIA and it doesn't seem to be the case, the BMS was upgraded (firmware?).

Neel

Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:12 am

hello everyone ,
this is my first post and new to here , its my first EV i am thinking to pick one as the guy has still left few,
i have my ELM 327 and Sol Ev Spy installed , the delar agree to use and pick the best what i like
all are there are 130km or around , what i suppose to check , SOC % or what value or around suggestion that battery is replaced under warranty or has new battery ? because hard winter is coming so test few things before give him deposit
your help appriciated , thanks in advance .

warren55

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:45 pm

When you get the dongle hooked up and open the app, look for Car Information. Within a few seconds it should report the SOH in %.

Neel

Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:48 pm

warren55 wrote:When you get the dongle hooked up and open the app, look for Car Information. Within a few seconds it should report the SOH in %.

- i ve to 3 choice to pickup either one , i manage to negociate price

1) 2016 - 113000 Km - presetent status car dashboard showing - 67% battery charged, and estimated range 53 KM
2) 2016 - 115000 Km - presetent status car dashboard showing - 63% battery charged, and estimated range 57 KM
3) 2016 - 136000 Km - full charge 100% it shows 176KM range ( VIN checked with KIA , they confirm HV battery + on borard charger replaced)

- i am getting really good deal on #1 . #2 , i ve to buy AS IS if battery fail i have opportunity under warraty before 160000 KM
for #3 which has new battery is asking more price almost $1000/$1200 aprox more ,

** all 3 car has exterior condtion are same but 8/10 so not gain that way

*** i didn't check SOH with Torque app yet , i add EV PID ( Thanks to JeJousol) , i ve ELM327 but never use on EV so not sure yet
** what custom PID i suppose to load on torque ?? kia Soul EV 2017KW ? my only issue is CHECK HV battery,

** what you expert suggest , should i go with lower millage as i have still 45K ? assuming its less abused on FAST DC charger ?? or pay 1000 more and go with new battery ? becasue i heard that they don't install new battery they just match 70% capacity with cell replacement ,

** thanks in advance , your expert suggestion welcome ,

JejuSoul

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Neel wrote: ... because i heard that they don't install new battery they just match 70% capacity with cell replacement ...

This is not true. They have been replacing batteries with new ones that are 100% or better. Many owners have said their replacement battery gives greater range than when the car was first bought. Car number 3 in your list probably has 100% SOH. The other 2 are probably already under 70%

To decide which car is better for you we have to know what you intend to use the car for. How far will you drive it? How fast?
How easy will it be for you to take the car to Kia and get it serviced?
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

notfred

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:38 pm

I would just go for 3 as the stuff that fails has been replaced and you can just drive the car. Yes it costs more but you are paying for peace of mind.

Neel

Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:02 am

JejuSoul wrote:
Neel wrote: ... because i heard that they don't install new battery they just match 70% capacity with cell replacement ...

This is not true. They have been replacing batteries with new ones that are 100% or better. Many owners have said their replacement battery gives greater range than when the car was first bought. Car number 3 in your list probably has 100% SOH. The other 2 are probably already under 70%

To decide which car is better for you we have to know what you intend to use the car for. How far will you drive it? How fast?
How easy will it be for you to take the car to Kia and get it serviced?

** Thank you for quick reply , appreciated
- my daily commute is Maximum 60-70 KM everyday , may be 2-3 days in month (30 days) could be reach 100KM Maximum thats all,
- car will be park and charge in closed NON- heated garage with Level 2 charger ,at least during winter as i am located in canada
- kia dealer who deal with Electric is just 2 KM away from my workplace , and other one near to home is 12KM , so not big issue of access them but not sure how their response and behavior on service battery when it goes down 70%
- i am not sure that my Logic to get 11300 KM is true but i explain - its 11300 , it has still 45K HV battry warranty left , winter is on the way , i will run as is and pass the winter battery will more degrade i will claim warranty end of winter to get new battery ( not sure how easy it will )
more over all this car are from Quebec which is well known for bad Roads, most cars from there are cheap because suspension screwed, there were used taxi commercially abused heavily so 113000 has less wear on other parts compare to 138000 (which has new battery) ,
- in short for (Gamble on) 113000 KM car , HV battery replacement warranty will be on my shoulder , but other wear and tear will be less that will be my benefit am i thinking right way ?

ksoul2084

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:32 am

Neel wrote:
JejuSoul wrote:
Neel wrote:- in short for (Gamble on) 113000 KM car , HV battery replacement warranty will be on my shoulder , but other wear and tear will be less that will be my benefit am i thinking right way ?

Well 20000km extra mileage isn't much really. I think you're over-thinking it (I do this too). :)

Sounds like you're game for the "adventure" of dealing with a warranty battery replacement yourself, and well situated to do so geographically. I'd say go for the best deal you can negotiate then and plan on getting the battery replaced yourself.

Neel

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:30 am

ksoul2084 wrote:
Neel wrote:
JejuSoul wrote:

Well 20000km extra mileage isn't much really. I think you're over-thinking it (I do this too). :)

Sounds like you're game for the "adventure" of dealing with a warranty battery replacement yourself, and well situated to do so geographically. I'd say go for the best deal you can negotiate then and plan on getting the battery replaced yourself.

yes Ksoul , you are right , i am overthinking , this is first time i am buying Electric car , so many things spinning around head
after reading onboard charger( OBC) replacement issue , i am swinging between from high millage driven with new battery + OBC (15 month warranty left over) Vs lower millage driven with longer warranty (30 month) . in case if OBC or Battery issue (definately gonna happend) i ve enough room to fight for warranty , this is my overthinking , ...

Return to “Buying a Kia Soul EV”