@beanman your car looks great and I also feel like you got a good deal. Also your pictures confirm that I'm not crazy and the factory hood colour is the 1D / flat white vs the Pearl White the rest of the car has.
An update on my auction Soul.
Things I have done/fixed:
- Extreme detailed the interior, the leather seats, carpet, roofliner all look fresh and clean now. The steering wheel is "clean" but was extremely worn and had been spray painted at some point, with overspray on the buttons etc. Added a new cover to the wheel for now.
- Removed the taxi-devices and bulk of the wiring. I left one big bundle under the dash tucked out of the way and labelled as "former-taxi" for future reference. It's not hurting anything there. I also removed the giant power that went from the under-hood distribution box through the firewall into the cab.
- Tweaked the front bumper and rock guard alignment. Seems like the bumper was put on in haste.
- Removed the silver wrap over the headlights (it was partially coming off already) to expose the stock blue colouring, looks much better since my "silver" stripes were already messed up.
- Passed the AB Out of Province inspection. So the brakes, alignment, tires, etc. are all good.
Still to be done:
- Replacement side-mirror (used from a wrecker), this will correct a broken signal light and worn out mirror adjuster.
- Replacement steering wheel (slightly used from a wrecker). This will provide a much nicer steering wheel with no spray paint, etc.
- Replacement centre vent dash piece (from a wrecker). This will replace the piece with the holes in the dash.
- Re-connect USB connection now that the Cdn firmware update has been made available for CarPlay.
- See if I can figure out why the back-up camera isn't working (low priority).
I also contacted KIA Canada and switched the contact info for the remaining EV powertrain warranty to myself. They informed me that the car has an outstanding recall: "Campaign #170069 - PSEV OBC Logic Improvement and inspection and replacement" that will expire by Jan 2 2020.
My biggest issue right now is that I the A/C isn't working (heating works). I didn't realize this before because the weather was a bit cooler. The AC dash light turns on, the blower fan cranks up, but no cooling occurs and no power is being used by the climate system. The cooling fan behind the radiator never runs, and even while driving down the highway no cooling occurs. The climate self-diagnostic comes back with "00", so nothing there.
I tested the cooling fan relay yesterday as per the service manual and it failed, so replaced but no difference. Some people have reported fuse-box wiring issues elsewhere so today I'll take apart the fuse box and inspect the wiring inside it. Hopefully something simple like that, reading the service manual it appears that a "freon" recharge on this thing is very specialized and cannot be done with standard equipment.
I also captured some numbers using SoulEVSpy. I'm pretty new to this so if someone can provide some insight into what these mean I'd appreciate it.
Battery SOC disp: 93.5%, actual: 89.1%, prec: 60.31%
Battery energy: 390.3V
Est. range: 75.0km.
Battery accumulative charge current: 19600.6 Ah
Battery available charge power: 71.83 kW
Battery available discharge power: 90 kW
Battery min cell detoriation pct: 0
Battery max cell detoriation pct: 33.2
Battery SOH: 93.4%
Odometer: 140516 km
Battery Map (parked car):
Temps range from 18c to 20c.
Most voltages are 4.06, one is 4.08, and two are 4.04.