Selling 2012 Leaf for used 2017 Kia Soul EV

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chootie

Read through some good posts on here. Just joined and wanted to invite any comments. Selling a 2012 Leaf with newer 30kWh battery that has degraded since the 2017 installation. Get 80-90 miles on it. Buying a used 2017 Kia Soul EV that has 11,000 miles on it. Original owner. Gets 100+ miles according to owner.

I have ordered the Panlong OBD2 scanner and read about the Torque app. Anything else I should be cautious of?

I made a similar move about 6 months ago, but from a 2013 Leaf to a 2016 Soul EV with 8600 miles. I find that my range is right around 100 miles, give or take depending on weather. It's starting to cool down here in the PNW, so my range is showing about a 10% drop into the high 90's lately.
I think you'll like your Soul, but many things are similar. One thing I really miss is being able to pre-heat my car when it's not plugged in. I don't understand Kia's thinking on that.
The Panlong should work for you, although the Konnwei is the preferred dongle for Soul Spy. I have the Panlong, and has worked for my purposes.

Back