Canadian Price for Base Soul EV

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edtanas

Posted this elsewhere but thought this might help out others in Canada when they want to get a Soul Base Ev model Caribbean Blue White top model

this is what I paid for one with 428 km Demo model at Kia West in Coquitlam

Note that I did not have to pay the PST as I am an Alberta resident

Purchase Price $39,500
Documentation Services $549.00
Wear Protection $2,025.00
Finance Brokerage Fee $695.00
Protection Package. Undercoating etc 3M guard VIP level 2,690.00
Tire Levy $25.00
5% GST $2436.75
Lien Registration $79.01
Extended Warranty $3.151.00

Total Balance $51,250.76

I put $5,000 down on it so finance was for $46,250.76 ...

Financing term is 5 years at 1.99 %

glad to help

MRSP for Ontario of Base model from Kia website

Purchase Price $36,660
Documentation Services $600
Air Tax $100
OMVIC $5
Tire Levy $30

Sub Total $37,395
Tax 13% $4,862
Ontario Green Vehicle Rebate -$8,500
Total $33,757

60mo at 1.9% is $590/month

My small Scion IQ costs me $300/m lease + gas $305/m so if charging is free the Kia is a better choice.
If you are paying for charging a purchase price $34,660 is better.

mwason said:
Air Tax $100

The air tax does not apply to electric vehicles - but you have to raise that to the dealership - the air tax law is very clear - it only applies to gasoline powered vehicles - not electric nor propane.

From the Canadian Government website publication with the law description: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/et/x3-1/x3-1-e.html

Goods taxable

5. The following goods are subject to an excise tax:

fuel-inefficient automobiles (green levy);
air conditioners designed for use in automobiles, station wagons, vans and trucks; and
gasoline, diesel fuel, aviation gasoline, and aviation fuel.

Automotive air conditioners

13. Section 7 of Schedule I states that air conditioners designed for use in automobiles, station wagons, vans or trucks are subject to an excise tax of $100, whether:

separate, or
included as permanently installed equipment in an automobile, station wagon, van or truck, at the time of sale or importation of the vehicle by the manufacturer or importer thereof.

Exceptions

17. The excise tax on air conditioners designed for automobiles, station wagons, vans or trucks applies only to those that are powered by the engines or power trains of the vehicles mentioned. Air conditioners that are powered by separate motors, propane or electricity are not subject to this tax.

...so watch your bill of sale - the tax does not apply to Soul EV (or any other electric-only vehicle).

Also of interest, Kia Canada is offering a $500 credit on a Bosch charger - I don't know how long that offer will last and if it is at the discretion of the sales person, but it is a nice bonus.

@irfca, many thanks for the tip about air tax... My Ottawa dealer was listing it on the quote... When I mentioned your point, they agreed immediately and removed it... I also observe that it's present on Kia Canada's website when an EV quote is sought...

Back