Hot Lease Deal for Kia Soul +

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drmanny3

I just saw an ad from Kia of Irvine. They have 2 Kia Soul+ cars for $179 per month with zero down, 36 months. The catch is that it includes a $1000 discount if you purchased from Kia in Garden Groove within the last year. So figure on putting down $1000 to cover that amount. You are still left with a least at $179 for 36 months. Pretty good lease. We got the same deal but when the lease price was $229 per month. I thought that was great. This is really nice at about $1800 below our deal. You have to have good credit. But what a deal for a car that can go 100 miles and has the dc charger built in. We really love our car. Good luck.
Manny

Noticed Garden Grove is offering the same deal :lol: - just a bit reversed, 1k to stay. Still all black models though.

Z

That sounds like an awesome deal. When I inquired about leasing the + in Atlanta the quotes were significantly higher. Is it possible that you could snap a picture of this ad and upload it to Dropbox/cloud service and share the link? I'd love to print it out to show the dealers here that this ad exists. I'm a CA resident going to grad school in Georgia, so I'm equally OK buying the car at either place since I spend part of the year in both places.

I think CA is getting the brunt of cars at present. I doubt a dealer out of State will match. If you are interested you can probably call them in Irvine and do most of the process over the phone. You can do a credit app and if you need to give them $1000 use your credit card. Then you either ship it or drive it.
Manny

Hmm, I don't know about not matching.... a local dealer just informed me that they have 6 of the + units alone.... I think it's been far less demand than they planned with the tax credit now ending this month for the state.

Well now you have the info, so show us how your graduate program has enabled you to twist the dealer's hand. Let us know what happens.
Manny

Thanks, Zony!

@ Manny I don't think the graduate program itself will be much help, it's more likely that I'm not restricted to only buying in GA that will probably have more sway... It's not as if the state I call home, vote, and pay the bulk of my taxes does not have any EV incentives.

*edited to address Manny's comment.

Looks as though GG has burned through their inventory although the ad is still up. Irvine's ad isn't displaying at all...

Z

Irvine's ad is back, listing two at that price and pictures is the blue.... does though say the pricing is not inclusive of taxes: http://www.kiaofirvine.com/WeeklyAd?siteMapItemName=8964101355411069974

Having a chat with them right now... all they have is black in stock - killer deal if that's what you want. I recall Manny on this board pulled the trigger with a great deal not too long ago with them.
Z

Howdy all. Been watching a while, and this is my first post. Wanted to add another data point.

Stopped by Garden Grove Kia last weekend to just see the Soul in person and a quick test drive. They had two Black/Red EV+ out front (one with a dead battery).

Of course, they couldn't let me leave without running some numbers, so the best lease deal they could offer was $2000 down and $210/month including tax. Pretty good deal, but not the $179 in the ad.

Also emailed Kia of Cerritos, but they couldn't do any better than the national ad of $249/month + tax, etc.

Hoping to find a great deal on a grey EV+ in the next month or two.

BDSoCal said:
Howdy all. Been watching a while, and this is my first post. Wanted to add another data point.

Stopped by Garden Grove Kia last weekend to just see the Soul in person and a quick test drive. They had two Black/Red EV+ out front (one with a dead battery).

Of course, they couldn't let me leave without running some numbers, so the best lease deal they could offer was $2000 down and $210/month including tax. Pretty good deal, but not the $179 in the ad.

Also emailed Kia of Cerritos, but they couldn't do any better than the national ad of $249/month + tax, etc.

Hoping to find a great deal on a grey EV+ in the next month or two.
Why wouldn't they give you the price in the ad?

Ads are meant to deceive. I pay 350 with 3,500 down, Plus model and 15,000 miles per year lease. Originally they wanted 500 and then 450. We almost walked away.

My feeling is that the price has come down. We got it right when it came out so I kinda knew they were taking us for a ride. So, 250 ain't so bad with 2000 down.

Bought a black and red Kia Soul EV at GG Kia last weekend - great deal.
No cash (zero) down/drive-off and $290/month for 36 month lease (12,000/year).
Problem is the GG dealership knows nothing about EVs (they don't even have a CHADEMO or 240 EV charger).
Sent me off with 20 miles of range left on the meter.
They also do not care once you leave the dealership - I went back the next day with a crack in the plastic interior trim that I had not noticed the day before (but my wife noticed immediately) and they argued with me and sent me to three different "managers" before they would agree to fix - really?
They had no idea what the EZ charge card was and offered no way for me to get one - even though it s clearly supposed to come with the car.
The salesman refused to return my calls or texts about either issue.
So - you can get a great deal here right now (they are selling surplus black and reds that were originally over purchased at the Irvine location - same owner) but beware that they are kind of sleazy and the location itself is a mess.

I leased a white Base KIA EV from Irvine. I traded in a car for 5850 and my payment is around 160. Here's the catch. I drive 20k miles per year, so I will have to buy at the end. Here's another catch. I brought it home and now my wife wants one. She drives a 2008 CRV, but we both hate gas and maintenance. Should I lease another?

We have both a Rav4EV with about 120 mile range but no fast charger capability and a Kia Soul EV+ that is good for about 105 miles and has a fast charger. We are going to go to Prescott, AZ to visit family and I am planning on renting a car for the 350 mile drive. We will probably do this once this year. Otherwise the electric cars work just great. We had a 2006 Prius that we sold after leasing the Soul. Don't miss it at all. Plus even at 40 mpg we were still spending about $100 per month in gas. Now it is no gas. The electricity costs us about $0.025 per mile for the Soul. Of course it depends on how much you pay for electricity. We have solar panels but they only cover about 70% of our consumption. So to answer your question it depends on how often you really need to drive beyond lets say about 80 miles before stopping and charging for about 30 minutes.

Danga12 said:
I leased a white Base KIA EV from Irvine. I traded in a car for 5850 and my payment is around 160. Here's the catch. I drive 20k miles per year, so I will have to buy at the end. Here's another catch. I brought it home and now my wife wants one. She drives a 2008 CRV, but we both hate gas and maintenance. Should I lease another?

If you really plan to purchase at the end of the lease, isn't doing a purchase from the beginning cheaper? Because for lease they have acq fee, disposition fee, etc. If you don't need the full 100 range also try looking into the Leaf or the Focus EV. The Leaf will be on fire sale pretty soon as they announced the 2016 will have 25% bigger battery.

Is there anyone out there who has recently purchased a Soul EV in Canada? I ordered mine over 8 months ago but nothing in sight yet. The dealership keeps telling me that KIA isn't making a lot of Soul EVs available in Canada.

Back