Panoramic sunroof for less than $35k before Fed Rebate?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigEdgar

Here in Washington State, there are no taxes on sales of new EVs as long as the purchase price before fed gov't rebate is under $35k. Thus there is quite a bit of incentive to get the purchase price of an EV below $35k (sales tax here is roughly 10%). I've been communicating with a few dealers here in WA getting pricing info and most have come down below $35k for the + trim. I think the + trim is all I need, but to be thorough I'm getting pricing on the + with the panoramic sunroof, which is called the Sun & Fun package here in the US (MSRP for Sun & Fun is $1100). This package is harder to find in my area, but the few dealers who can get it have quoted prices north of $35k.

I realize the "here's what I paid for my car" discussions can be sensitive, but I'm hoping some of you early adopters in the US who have the sunroof would be willing to state whether you got your Soul for under $35k.

Thanks!

Well, I answered my own question last night. I was able to get the purchase price of a + with the sun & fun package to just under $35k to avoid taxes in WA. I think it helped that it was the last day of the month and the dealer was looking to make some numbers. But I'm really psyched - I was on the original wait list for the first Leaf back in 2010, but couldn't justify the expense at the time, and I've been stalking an EV ever since. I'm so excited to finally have an EV!!

Back