Going to join the family soon.

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inphoenix

Hello everyone.

First post to say hello to everyone. I am in Arizona and unfortunately they don't sell this vehicle in AZ. I'm working with couple of SoCal dealers to lease it sometime soon and have it transported over. Would appreciate help with my noobish questions in coming days. :)

inphoenix said:
Thanks. My daily commute will be 70+ miles.
One way or combined? My commute is 56 miles one way. So far no problems, but it's not winter yet so we'll have to wait to see how it goes when it's cold and windy.

Probably not really a problem in Phoenix, but I guess you'll use the air-conditioning more than I would.

JeroenE said:
inphoenix said:
Thanks. My daily commute will be 70+ miles.
One way or combined? My commute is 56 miles one way. So far no problems, but it's not winter yet so we'll have to wait to see how it goes when it's cold and windy.

Probably not really a problem in Phoenix, but I guess you'll use the air-conditioning more than I would.

My bad. I should've been more clear. It will be combined 70+ miles (so 35 miles each way). I probably would not risk a 56 miles one way commute in a SOUL EV at this time but then you may have a charger close to work which I don't. Keep us updated on how it goes for you in the winter and I will do the same in the summer. :)

inphoenix said:
My bad. I should've been more clear. It will be combined 70+ miles (so 35 miles each way). I probably would not risk a 56 miles one way commute in a SOUL EV at this time but then you may have a charger close to work which I don't. Keep us updated on how it goes for you in the winter and I will do the same in the summer. :)
Yeah, I can charge at work. Unfortunately only at a wall outlet and not a real charging station. However, it gets me enough power to get back home. And when needed I can do a quick CHAdeMo charge during my commute. I'd rather not because it's more expensive and I'll have to wait obviously.

If you can find a wall outlet you can benefit from a pre-cooled car! :)

JeroenE said:
If you can find a wall outlet you can benefit from a pre-cooled car! :)

Is that because I can turn on AC remotely while it is plugged in (and not otherwise)? I would have a covered parking but unfortunately no wall outlet in there. :(

inphoenix said:
Is that because I can turn on AC remotely while it is plugged in (and not otherwise)? I would have a covered parking but unfortunately no wall outlet in there. :(
I don't know about the USA, but in Europe you can't do it remotely.

You can pre-program it in the car, though. But the heating or cooling will only work if the car is plugged in.

Too bad it is not possible to get a wall outlet; I didn't have one either, but it got installed when I asked for it. The first few days I had to charge with an extension cord to an existing wall outlet which was too far away.

I know, Kia says don't do that, but I did anyway :)

JeroenE said:
inphoenix said:
I don't know about the USA, but in Europe you can't do it remotely.

You can pre-program it in the car, though. But the heating or cooling will only work if the car is plugged in.

Thanks. I downloaded the user manual after my post last night and found that. It would've been nice to be able to do that remotely. I believe LEAF allows you to do that (not 100% sure).

Back