GTA or Ontario owners. How much?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nibularr

Hello,

Hoping the Ontario owners would care to share how much they paid for their soul ev after haggling and incentives.

What's your monthly payment?

Best Regards
Mike soon to be purchaser

Hey Mike, welcome to the forums!

Our family outright purchased the car (which we mostly regret, as we will almost certainly be pre-ordering a Model 3). We paid essentially full price, as at the time we ordered there was a wait for Soul EV Luxury's. Ours has the sun roof, and total (after tax, freight, etc. but before rebate) was about $43k.

Definitely go for a lease though. As much as we love the Soul EV, I have no doubt in my mind the Model 3 will be several cuts above the Soul, and will be well worth saving up for.

i guess its all the what ifs.. which steer me towards purchasing .
will ontario still do the rebate at that point .. will the price of EV's get lower or keep going up with capacity increases like the leaf.
what will availability be like if gas prices start going back up

I went to test drive a soul ev yesterday and it pretty much sold me. just need to sort out the financials and i'm ready to purchase.

Like DarthNick said. Leasing is the way to go. I was able to get my lease for $270/month but that's mostly because I traded my old ICE in and got just under $10k for it. I normally wouldn't put that much down on a lease but I wanted my payments low.

Ahh forget about leasing! Put My deposit in yesterday on 60 month financing . the wait begings

Ever said:
Like DarthNick said. Leasing is the way to go. I was able to get my lease for $270/month but that's mostly because I traded my old ICE in and got just under $10k for it. I normally wouldn't put that much down on a lease but I wanted my payments low.

Are you in the Ontario? What's your residual and lease term? Even with that down payment, that lease payment sounds pretty low...

Ya that is what I found. Cdn leasing would have been around $500 monthly for 48 or 60 months. When I'm purchasing for 585 for 60 months. Plus for me I will be getting a vehicle allowance through work to offset the cost.

Ps: My black and red is at the dealer almost ready for pickup!

Mike

nibularr said:
Ya that is what I found. Cdn leasing would have been around $500 monthly for 48 or 60 months. When I'm purchasing for 585 for 60 months. Plus for me I will be getting a vehicle allowance through work to offset the cost.

Ps: My black and red is at the dealer almost ready for pickup!

Mike

Congrats! Let us know how the delivery/pickup goes. I will say now that Ontario is going to be investing in an L3 charging network, our Souls will certainly be more valuable in a few years than they would've been otherwise.

Thank you. Pickup was great. Was kept warm and charged up at inside at meadowvale kia with 6km on the od.

Here it is
http://imgur.com/hlyjB2u

One thing I noticed is there is a large hill out in Burlington where I live and after driving down it in B the climate mointor said 0.0 energy used for a while afterwards.
Heat pump advantage maybe?

nibularr said:
Thank you. Pickup was great. Was kept warm and charged up at inside at meadowvale kia with 6km on the od.

One thing I noticed is there is a large hill out in Burlington where I live and after driving down it in B the climate mointor said 0.0 energy used for a while afterwards.
Heat pump advantage maybe?

Nice! That was certainly thoughtful of them.

I have to admit, I never really look at the individual kW monitor. I just do my best to keep the kwh/100km as low as possible. Floating around 21 right now. :(

Back