Prices in Canada

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acadiandad

Seeing all these great US lease deals discussed, and prices significantly below MSRP ... :shock:

Dealers I have been speaking to in Ontario (Ottawa and Toronto) are not offering much if anything.

And while previously 6 mo waiting lists were the norm, many dealers do seem to have 1 or 2 cars in their inventory now. So curious if anyone in Ottawa or Toronto has been able to negotiate a good deal lately significantly below list or a lease with residual anywhere close to our American cousins are getting ?

Want to pull the trigger on a local car with sunroof which is marginally below MSRP and has a few accessories thrown in ... but can't help feeling that maybe the prices could be better. With the residuals I am seeing here, the leases just don't seem viable or essentially have already built in the depreciation concerns people have with new product entering the market over next 2-3 years.

I see you are in Stittsville, I'm in Bridlewood. Around here your only dealer is Kia On Hunt Club. Without any Chademos around in Ontario picking one up from Toronto would mean you would need to get it shipped up here. It maybe worth looking over on the Quebec side as there are Chademos all the way to Montreal so you could get one from there back to Ottawa easily.

I did the paper work last April and got mine in September. I bought it rather than leasing as I intend to keep it for ~10 years. At that time there was no real negotiation on price, a bit of back and forth on my trade in but that was all.

notfred said:
I see you are in Stittsville, I'm in Bridlewood. Around here your only dealer is Kia On Hunt Club. Without any Chademos around in Ontario picking one up from Toronto would mean you would need to get it shipped up here. It maybe worth looking over on the Quebec side as there are Chademos all the way to Montreal so you could get one from there back to Ottawa easily.

I did the paper work last April and got mine in September. I bought it rather than leasing as I intend to keep it for ~10 years. At that time there was no real negotiation on price, a bit of back and forth on my trade in but that was all.

Thanks notfred - yes in Stittsville. I've seen a few SoulEV's driving up March Rd from Kanata North - perhaps you were one of them. I have a trailer that I use for hauling a track car so going to Toronto to pick up a car would not really be a big deal - just cost me about $200 in gas and my time. I was concerned about how the rebate / taxes would work with a Que purchase vs. Ontario ?

But its sounding like my experience is pretty much par for the course which is fine - I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being hosed. I've been able to get some nominal movement on price, accessories, etc. but nothing major. I'm guessing if I waited til the 2017 details are announced in the fall, they may negotiate more aggressively on the 2016's but then I'd rather just get the car now and be done with it.

Yup, I'm a blue with white roof going up Eagleson and March Road every day. I've seen a white with light blue roof and a red/black around here as well. There's another blue with white roof that I've seen a few times at the library and shops around here.

I'm also not sure how the rebates would work if you bought in Quebec and lived in Ontario, probably best to stick to the buy here or Toronto given you have a trailer.

I've got the white with blue roof driving up and down March Rd to and from work. It's great to see other Soul EVs on the road!

I leased my car (base model) 6 weeks ago and I'm enjoying it. I haven't visited a gas station in 6 weeks!

The car is a great commuter car, we use it all the time for inner city travel, and keep our minivan for longer trips.

So far no complaints about the car. Smooth acceleration, and quiet. Someone at work just bought one last week.

I don't mind sharing my numbers and experience with fellow EV enthusiasts.

I've always followed this car buying strategy for my cars (email campaign):
http://www.fool.com/car/car12.htm

This strategy saves you time from visiting each dealership in person. But it was much more difficult with only 4 dealers allowed to sell the EV in Ontario.

Next the invoice price is a sham, you can read more about it here:
http://www.moneysense.ca/spend/shopping/auto/5-things-your-car-salesperson-isnt-telling-you/

Here's my numbers for the 2016 Soul EV Base Model, which I picked up on April 1, 2016:

Interest Rate: 2.90%
36 month term
16,000 km/ year allowance

Kia Canada Internet Price (kia.ca):
MSRP: $34,995
Sale Price: $37,054.00
Down Payment: $12,000
Monthly (tax in): $407.09

KIA of Richmond Hill (Ontario):
Selling Price: $35,448.16
Total Due on Delivery: $12,000
Monthly (tax in): $353.67
Buy Back: $15,464.40

KIA on Hunt Club (1st deal after test drive):
Monthly (tax in): $370.15
Buy Back: $15,460

KIA on Hunt Club (final deal):
Monthly (tax in): $340.89
Buy Back: $15,460

I did not add any extra accessories, or extended warranties. The only other charge on the delivery day was the vehicle registration fee charged by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation. There is no extra cost to get the Green Plates, so I specifically asked the dealer to get the Green Plates on the car before delivery.

Well I ended up getting just a little more off the price in lieu of a financing arrangement from Hunt Club and with that it came pretty close to the best price I got from a Toronto dealer so I pulled the trigger.

I'll be in a sunroof / titanium colored model (stealth mode ...) come next Thursday

Thanks for the info guys - need a Soul EV coffee meet in Kanata sometime.

Back