Availability of Black Soul EV+ ?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDLPRL

I have been in contact with two Southern California Kia dealers over the last few months to advise when they receive a Soul EV+. In the past two days two of them let me know that they have received several cars; but all are either white or blue - regardless of trim. Looking at Kia the website dealer locator and using distance range of 700 miles it appears that 31 EV's have been delivered to CA dealers from Concord down to San Diego. Some are base trim; some are plus trim. All are either white or blue. Has anyone heard info on when the black EV+ might start delivering?

HDLPRL said:
I have been in contact with two Southern California Kia dealers over the last few months to advise when they receive a Soul EV+. In the past two days two of them let me know that they have received several cars; but all are either white or blue - regardless of trim. Looking at Kia the website dealer locator and using distance range of 700 miles it appears that 31 EV's have been delivered to CA dealers from Concord down to San Diego. Some are base trim; some are plus trim. All are either white or blue. Has anyone heard info on when the black EV+ might start delivering?

The configurator shows that they're supposed to show up in December.

I heard from my dealer in Toronto that they started or are starting production of the Black Soul now ... he quoted availability of mid/late November, but I should be getting my scheduled date early next week from the EV+ manager.

The black/red will start production soon. They will then need to be shipped from Korea.

Hi guys

I can confirm you this color started production in Korea, at least for Europe.
First EU VIN was for Norway and it was produced on 31/10/14
Also 2 VINS i founded for Germany produced on 31/10/14 and 03/11/14.
:D :D :D

PROOFS

⊙ KNAJX81EFF7001850 - 2014/10/31 (NORWAY)
KEURPE414 SOUL EV 14
ENGINE : M200(14101414A000)
T/M : (E141030285)
SEAT :
INTERIOR : BF6 (PS EV MEDIUM ECO GRAY)
EXTERIOR : ABR (PS EV 2TONE BLACK + RED)
LEFT HAND DRIVE
WEATHER - THE FRIGID ZONE
WAGON - 5DR 5P
MOTOR - 80KW
ELECTRIC - ELECTRIC
ELECTRIC - ELECTRIC
DECELARATOR

⊙ KNAJX81EFF7001851 - 2014/11/03 (GERMANY(WAS C25))
KEURPE414 SOUL EV 14
T/M : (E141030273)
SEAT :
LEFT HAND DRIVE
WEATHER - THE TEMPERATE ZONE
WAGON - 5DR 5P
MOTOR - 80KW
ELECTRIC - ELECTRIC
ELECTRIC - ELECTRIC

⊙ KNAJX81EFF7001852 - 2014/10/31 (GERMANY(WAS C25))
KEURPE414 SOUL EV 14
ENGINE : M200(01101414A000)
T/M : (E140930014)
SEAT :
LEFT HAND DRIVE
WAGON - 5DR 5P
MOTOR - 80KW
ELECTRIC - ELECTRIC
ELECTRIC - ELECTRIC
DECELARATOR

Migui94 said:
Hi guys

I can confirm you this color started production in Korea, at least for Europe.
First EU VIN was for Norway and it was produced on 31/10/14
Also 2 VINS i founded for Germany produced on 31/10/14 and 03/11/14.
:D :D :D

PROOFS

⊙ KNAJX81EFF7001850 - 2014/10/31 (NORWAY)
KEURPE414 SOUL EV 14
T/M : (E141030285)
SEAT :
LEFT HAND DRIVE
WEATHER - THE FRIGID ZONE
WAGON - 5DR 5P
MOTOR - 80KW
ELECTRIC - ELECTRIC
ELECTRIC - ELECTRIC
DECELARATOR

⊙ KNAJX81EFF7001851 - 2014/11/03 (GERMANY(WAS C25))
KEURPE414 SOUL EV 14
T/M : (E141030273)
SEAT :
LEFT HAND DRIVE
WAGON - 5DR 5P
MOTOR - 80KW
ELECTRIC - ELECTRIC
ELECTRIC - ELECTRIC

⊙ KNAJX81EFF7001852 - 2014/10/31 (GERMANY(WAS C25))
KEURPE414 SOUL EV 14
ENGINE : M200(01101414A000)
T/M : (E140930014)
SEAT :
LEFT HAND DRIVE
WAGON - 5DR 5P
MOTOR - 80KW
ELECTRIC - ELECTRIC
ELECTRIC - ELECTRIC
DECELARATOR

Where did you find this information? Are there any Soul EVs destined for the Uk?

Well I have not found one for UK in this color but in other colors yes I founded some, also it is huge job to find because I have chase VIN one by one.

VIN 1855 to 1865 are for UK, colors are AAT/ACN/IM

Check bellow for colors

http://www.dealers.kia.pl/zdjecia-model-nowy-soul-ev.php

My sources, just register on bellow website

https://www.kia-hotline.com/euro5/login.tiles

Regards

Well this may be bad news for Canadians but better news for the US..
I spoke to Kia Canada yesterday about a black/red pre-order I placed beginning of October and their client service rep mentioned that they don't have any accurate delivery dates for the EV's in any color. The black ones originally alotted for Canada this month will be sent to the States first. Kia said to expect at least a 6 month delay from the date of order regardless of color and package. There's always the chance one could show up earlier but it's not to be expected.

They blame this on a much higher then expected demand for the EV. I guess its hard to be frustrated about it when the delay is caused by too many people wanting an EV

I would have hoped Kia would apply some kind of world-wide shipping balance based on initial order date, and not favour a particular geographic area just "because". Seemingly with reports of Soul EVs sitting on lots in the US vs supplying customers who have put money down on a vehicle, they should be trying to get vehicles to the early adopters who have committed to a Kia Soul EV - those early adopters will do a great deal to drive future demand ... if they experience frustration and broken expectations, their (my :) ) endorsement for Kia will be much weaker then it would have otherwise been (i.e. sure I got one evently ... but they really didn't *care* about *me* as a customer they had in hand ... they were more interested in the customers in the bushes).

While I don't have the Shadow Black/Inferno Red Soul EV+ in my hands yet; but I leased one last night from a dealer in the San Diego area. I have a specific VIN for the vehicle that is in Port and should arrive at the dealer within 7 to 10 days.

I will provide an update when I actually take delivery of the vehicle.

HDLPRL said:
While I don't have the Shadow Black/Inferno Red Soul EV+ in my hands yet; but I leased one last night quote]

You got my car!

irfca said:
I would have hoped Kia would apply some kind of world-wide shipping balance based on initial order date, and not favour a particular geographic area just "because".

I was kind of disappointed to find out that they were shipping to the bigger markets rather then work on a first come first serve basis, but I'm sure they have their reasoning (shipping, federal importation licensing etc etc). The main reason I'm not angry about it is that I wasnt planning on using it much over the winter anyway so there's no real loss waiting it out until spring. But with that said, if the car shows up sooner I will be ecstatic.

LFFarm said:
The main reason I'm not angry about it is that I wasnt planning on using it much over the winter anyway so there's no real loss waiting it out until spring. But with that said, if the car shows up sooner I will be ecstatic.

I have (had?) plans to use it daily from the day I receive it - winter or not. I ordered my winter tires more than a month ago (Michelin XIce 3, which seem to be low rolling resistance winter tires) because they are in very short supply ... they arrived yesterday. I wanted to get my charger installed before winter really sets in too ... that arrived today ... I'm all ready to go ... just need the car :(

I hope that you got a Super deal on the Price where you now have to wait !

I don't think that you should have to wait if you Pre ordered. That is such a bummer

Very big bummer to have to wait on a vehicle and have it depreciate in value before it even lands in my driveway. It also seems like I'm the only person who bought a 'base' so I may get it sooner then the +'s or I'll be dead last. For the record I wish I ordered the +, but when I had pre-ordered I was relying completely on the vehicle specs from the US which included the heat pump on all models, only to find out later that Kia cleverly removed the best feature for our climate from the base model.

I'm glad to say that I took delivery of my Black Soul EV+ on 12/9/14 from North County Kia in Escondido, CA. To those that have also been waiting for the Black Soul EV; it appears that they are finally trickling into California. I don't know about the other states or Canada.

The car looks great. Now in the coming weeks to compare how the Soul performs vs. the 2011 Leaf I traded in.

HDLPRL said:
Now in the coming weeks to compare how the Soul performs vs. the 2011 Leaf I traded in.
I'm in the same boat.

Traded in my '11 Leaf for 11,500. Sweet deal with motivated dealer. Paying 349 for Soul+ at 15,000 miles lease 3 years. Wonder how it compares with your deal.

Oh, yeah, Soul's 95-100 mile range = peace of mind. We were down to 58 range with the Leaf. It started to bother even me, let alone my wife. Leasing Soul was a quick and very good decision. You can do so much more with that kind of range. Plus, it recharges in a flash, so to speak, compared to our '11. Twice the speed of Leaf.

Leaf is all history now, t.g. We moved on.

58 miles of range on your leaf :shock:

Wasn't there a lawsuit about the Leaf and the range that was wrong.
OR was it the MPG that another company swore by and turned out it was false ?

sorry Off topic but WOW

I would have had to be down 4 bars to qualify for a new battery. I was down "only" 2 bars at the time I ditched it. The 3rd was likely imminent, but it's a moot point now. The Leaf was basically going nowhere, pun intended.

I am tremendously happy with the Soul EV. What a trade!

Back