really good deal?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capybara

Hi
Talking to some dealers in CT and NY.
http://www.premierkiact.com/specials/new.htm
These folks advertise Soul EV, 39Month one pay lease $5K OTD price.
They quoted me $6373 for an EV+ in the color my wife wants ($6373/39=$163/month). Thought it was as good as it gets, until I saw.
http://www.yonkerskia.com/new-specials/
EV $1K down, $89/m for 36 months = $116/m, thinking of asking CT dealer them if they could structure the offer like NY (even if it same total price of $6373, but lower is nicer), so I can get out of if it doesn't work out for some really odd reason.

Any thoughts
-S

The Yonkers Kia offer may not be what it appears to be. I responded to a similar ad from Kia of West Nyack last month, only to discover that the price was based on a hypothetical customer who was simultaneously eligible for every possible current promotion. So I would have had to be a recent college grad who was also a member of the military and was a current Kia owner to qualify for the all the capitalized cost reductions that were reflected in the ad's lease price.

Are you in CT? If so, then you can get an additional state rebate that we don't have yet in NY, so you will almost certainly get a better lease deal buying in state. Dave Thomas of Premier Kia near New Haven put together an extremely attractive lease offer for me on an EV+, but once we realized that I was in NY and ineligible for the additional rebate, I ended up going elsewhere. Still, I recommend Dave as someone who was thorough and completely straightforward to deal with:

Dave Thomas
Premier Subaru Kia
[email protected]
(203) 481-0687

It sounds like a variation of the deal that KIA is offering on the EV and EV+ through the end of February. In my case the dealer gave $1000 off and a manufacturer's rebate of $14750. If you do the math you'll find that this lease-only offer not only has this amazingly large rebate but the money factor (interest rate) is essentially zero. So, unless the rebate from KIA gets bigger the deal is incredible. Here in Texas you have to pay all the sales tax at closing. Most states have you pay sales tax on your lease payment. So I rolled the TT&L into the lease and ended up with a higher but still very affordable lease payment. BTW, in my opinion a lease is the way to go with any electric car. The technology is changing really quickly. I think that is why to lease offer is so good. KIA wants to move these 2016 and 2017 EVs before they make some series range updates to keep this great little car competitive.
Past the lease, I think you'll really enjoy the car. It is an electric go cart with low center of gravity and great torque off the line. Because all the press about range anxiety I ordered a 220V charger before I realized that the included 120V charger was enough to top off the battery after my usually daily drive to and from work. Also the Walmart a mile away has a Fast DC charger than can fully charge a nearly dead battery in 30-40 minutes for $2. It's $4 a month flat rate for that charger and several others around town once you sign up with the local electric utility. So unless you have a 60+ mile daily commute you may want to check what charge points are available nearby and for how much and if you can charge overnight with the included 120V charger.
Enjoy your EV!

@bridgehook
You were right about Yonkers, this was a price for an unlikely combination of incentives. We ended up taking lease from Premiere KIA in CT. Great folks, and a great deal.

@capybara— I'm so pleased you worked something out with Premier Kia! I though they were great, too. It was really nice to find some people who were willing to work with me without any of the usual car dealer sleaze.

Back