Extended Warranty for EV 2017

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ham

Hi ,
I am going to buy new Ev 2017 by next few days,In Canada Kia car comes with 5 years warranty only . is it wise to buy extended warranty for $3100 for 10yr or 180 km?
Thanks
Ham

yes, it is.

https://www.kiapartsnow.com/parts-list/2015-kia-soul-ev/electronic-control.html

FZH4h8.png

Read carefully the terms in the 10 years "warranty" ... perhaps it's a wrong contract don't sell by Kia directly (a trap).

how many KM you think you will drive per year

seems like alot to get an extra 20,000 kms unless you drive way less then that per year

You can check and see if you can buy the warranty after the sale. Usually you can extend your warranty at any point while still under factory warranty. This way you don't tie up your money for 3-5 years while the car is under Kia warranty. At that point you can shop around and get lots of different prices and see what you can save. They always try to corner you at the dealer and make a last minute decision on a pricey item like this. Find out if you can delay your purchase. Maybe the case in Canada too, as it is in the USA.

Not really, in Kia Canada i have to buy it in time of purchace or 30 days after that, but i do not know if this is really necessary what is a chance
parts be defective.

Unless something has changed, you should get an 8 year warranty on the EV components, 5 year on the rest of the car in Canada. As for components failing, mine started failing after 30 days and its not getting any better. Unfortunately, once you buy one and accept the rebate you are committed for a few years.

Back