This has to be the lease deal of the year?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redcottage

Hi, my first post on this forum. I attended an NDEW event nearby in the Mid-Hudson valley and there among the Teslas, Leafs Volts, a Bolt and a Zero motorcycle was a brand new white KIA Soul EV. I got to talking with the owner and was really intrigued by this car. Turns out the owner of the Volt and Bolt (different guy) is from upstate NY, and he told me they could be had on a lease for $99 a month. Yep, a dealership in Schenectady has 2017s for $1499 down and $99 a month. And that's it. I plunked down $1499, signed a bunch of papers, and for $99 a month and 10K miles a year (plenty for me around here) I'm driving a spiffy black Kia Soul EV, build date 06/17 (the only colors available at the dealership are black, black and black, Henry Ford would be proud). The residual is $10,800. At these numbers, this almost feels like an extended test drive! So now it's me in the Kia and my wife in a first gen Leaf (still with 12 bars). Of course I had to drive it 80 miles back home which made me a bit nervous. No need, I got off the NYS Thruway in Kingston NY, and still had 33 miles real in the green range left, and only 10 more miles to go. I'm impressed! Spent the following day collecting my mother-in-law from Hudson NY, 40 miles away, bringing her to Kingston 30 miles back, level 2 charging the car for free for a couple of hours at the local DMV to about 70 miles driving range, drove her 30 miles back to Hudson and then drove 40 miles home, and still had 23 miles of real driving range left on the clock. No hypermiling either, just normal, regular driving. Nice car.

right now, lease deals are really hard to resist. i just put a deposit on an EV+, and it should arrive mid month. it will be my first EV, but not my first Kia soul. we actually have a 2011 special edition white tiger, and we love it. i would not have gotten an EV now if not for these low leases. I plan on buying the car in 3 years, unless it doesn't live up to its potential. but who knows what EV's will be in 3 years, so l think leasing is a good option, allowing you to either buy the car or return it for something new. considering how fast EV tech is moving, i'm sure there will be plenty of options. btw, my $79 per month lease for a Plus with every option including panaromic roof was too hard to pass on. i loved the chevy bolt, but right now, you can't really get one for less than 300 month. and the buyout is around 20K.

I live in Seattle, and they offer a good lease deal too. I got Soul EV + for $99 on $3000 down payment. It isn't as strong as yours, but just good enough for me compared to other electric car deals.

Back