Moving from US to Europe with my Soul EV?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclfuzzy

I'm getting transferred to Germany. I'm one year into a 3 year lease on a 2016 Soul EV+ and just turning it in doesn't look like an option. KMF says they will charge a $400 lease termination fee, sell the car at auction, and bill me for the difference between what they get and the payoff.

So, I feel like I need to buyout the lease an then either sell it privately or have my company ship it to Germany.

Any differences between the US spec Soul EV+ and what they sell in Germany?

If I do, can I switch the instrument display from miles to KM?

Why not try to have someone assume the lease from you instead? Not sure of Kia's policies on this. If you post your location, you may have some people interested.

unclfuzzy said:
If I do, can I switch the instrument display from miles to KM?

Unfortunately Kia didn't think it was necessary to allow the cars to display either miles or kilometers at the driver's option. I'm quite sure that all the data is collected in metric units and then converted for the US market. Unfortunately they hard coded this into the display cluster. The only think I've been able to find was to change the units of the center console and then have the GPS screen up which shows speed in what ever units you chose.

My 2000 Honda Insight had a button for switching between mi and km! It even changed the odometer since everything was digital. In my opinion, all digital dashes should be required to have an option to switch between the units.

Back