"Check electric vehicle system" & "Power limited"

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartlomiej

Hello everyone !
I am new in this forum, my name is Bartek. I am from Kraków, Poland and have KIA Soul EV (2017).
I am wondering what may cause problems written in the subject. The "Check electric vehicle system" error is constant. But nothing bad happens till turtle control appears "power limited" and the car accelerate really slow. It appears and disappears even every few minutes.
The problem is that here in Poland this car is not even available for sell by KIA Motors.
Probably error codes are U1116 and P0A93.
Does anyone experienced sth like that? Does anyone have an idea what may cause the problem ?
I would appreciate your help/advice.

Regards
Bartek

P0A93 (Inverter A cooling system performance):
The electric water pump (EWP) circulates coolant inside of the electric vehicle system (drive motor, inverter, LDC, charger) to cool down electric devices.

When the temperature of individual part exceeds the threshold value, EPCU sends an operation signal to EWP for EWP operation, and when the temperature goes down below a certain temperature, EPCU sends a stop signal to EWP to stop EWP operation.

EWP notifies normal or abnormal status through CAN signal line to allow EPCU to determine error.

EPCU creates P0A93 if the temperature of heat sink becomes higher or lower than the set temperature due to performance error of cooling system.

The electric vehicle system uses high voltage (360 V), so following attentions should be observed. Handling the electric vehicle system without observing following attentions could lead to a serious accident such as short circuit or electric shock.

※ Failure to observe the following attentions may lead to death or injury due to high voltage electric shock.

■ Perform work according to the instructions after familiarizing yourself with the maintenance manual.

■ Use insulated gloves, safety goggles and insulated tools.

■ Turn off the ignition key, remove the ground cable of auxiliary battery, and turn off the safety switch of high voltage battery.

■ Remove the safety plug connected to the main battery, and wait for 15 to 20 minutes.

■ Check that the voltage between high voltage terminals is less than 30 V.

■ After replacing the VCU, EPCU, LDC, and electric water pump (EWP), it is necessary to operate the electric water pump (EWP) with GDS and supplement and circulate the coolant.

https://a.radikal.ru/a11/1810/c0/16318614e680.png

Back