Steering wheel warning light

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warren55

I've noticed the last few days that I occasionally get the red steering wheel light flashing in the dash. I have not felt anything abnormal, and it has always happened when I'm in sport mode. Switching to normal mode (so far) has cured the warning light. This has never been during any "spirited" driving, just cruising down the highway after work.
Anyone else ever experience this?

-
Warren - this is an important issue and I suggest you take it to Kia and have it checked.

There have been two recalls to fix the steering wheels on 2014 - 2016 cars. see :- Kia Soul Steering Wheel Recall

---------------------------

Back in September 2015 Kia stated that no cars had crashed because of this issue.

chrono.jpg

I now believe this to be false. I recently met someone who in early 2015 crashed twice after losing control of the steering.
The first time Kia said it was her fault and that there was nothing wrong with the car.
The second time Kia did find the error but did not admit fault.
Both times she had to pay for the damage herself.
Fortunately both crashes occurred in the driveway and no one was hurt.
The car veered into a wall both both times.

Thanks for the info. Since my car was a certified pre-owned, all recalls and campaigns were handled before I got the car. I just checked the nhtsa site with my VIN, and it shows 0 recalls associated with it.
For the time being, I am going to keep it out of sport mode and see if the light reappears.

Back