Very odd scan readings

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanL

I have just bought a 2 year old with 31,000 miles. The GOM shows 114 miles, and it covers 85 speedo miles with 26% charge left. If the 26% is correct, that suggests the range is 100/74*85=114.87 miles. The long-term "economy" display shows 4.0miles/kWh, which suggests the battery capacity is 85/4*100/74=28.72 kWh i.e. the SOH is 95.7%.

I appreciate there's a number of assumptions above, so I used Torque Pro to get some confirmation. However

8oZRcQ4.jpg

The values for Max Det and Min Det appear absurd. I have checked with SoulEVSpy, and that gives the same values. The cell voltages are all 4.12V except three adjacent cells which are 4.1. That is after a charge to 100%.

Any insight gratefully received.

-
This issue has been discussed before - https://www.mykiasoulev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8171#p8171

The SOH readings given by Torque do not work correctly on the 30kWh versions of the Soul EV.

We are still waiting for a user with less than 100% SOH usable capacity to post their data.

Thanks for your reply. Comforting to know that I am not alone with this issue. It occurs to me that possibly Kia do not want their customers to be able to access SOH data, so they have disabled the Max and Min Det values on the 30 kWh model. Or am I being paranoid?

Anyway, I will take the charge down to 10% and do a 100% charge and post my readings.

IanL said:
.. Kia... have disabled the Max and Min Det values on the 30 kWh model.
Hyundai and Kia use the same BMS in all their electrified vehicles. (EVs, PHEVs and HEVs).
The 27kWh Kia Soul EV is the only one that shows Max and Min Det values.
Currently this car is the only one that we are able to work out the SOH with any accuracy.
It is also the only car we are able to work out the capacity of the 'early year's buffer'.

Back