Can not make bluetooth calls after Android Pie update

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omar

Hello friends,

3 days ago, I updated the Android system on my Nokia 6.0 mobile. Now I have Android Pie (9.0). Since then, I can not receive or make calls from the car through the phone. If someone calls me while in the car, the car phone does not show any sign of the call. If I answer from the phone, no voice comes through the car speakers.

While, if I make a call from the car, the call will start on the phone but disconnects from the car phone.

I tried my phone with a Kia Picanto, it works fine. I tried 2 other phones with my car (they have older android version), they both work fine.

Any idea that can help ?

Forgot to mention, that I also tried a phone with Android 10, the most recent version, and it works fine on my car as well

Make sure the car has forgotten the phone and the phone has forgotten the car, and only then do the pairing thing.

Yes I tried doing "Forget" on both. Still it does not work properly. However, I can run songs via Bluetooth with now issue. The problem is only with the phone calls

-
This bug could be something on the car, the phone or both.
Maybe you could google to see if someone else has the same issue.

Here in Korea we get messaging onto the navigation that lists such bugs. They will be fixed in a later navigation update.
I have not seen one about Android Pie and Bluetooth but I may have missed it.

For example after clicking details on a mini message that tells you a new message has arrived you see this.

If you touch one of the arrows at the end of each summary you get the full message.

This message is telling us that Bluetooth won't work with the latest iOS13.
Another tells that the September update is ready. (You have to download that on a computer.)
And the third says that some systems are losing the clock due to a GPS glitch. (I have never lost the clock.)

Thanks for replying, I did a google search before, I was surprised by the amount of complains about Android Pie, it depends on the phone brand!. Some brands are not getting along with the updates. Some google pixel phones even lost the ability to make a call :D

The only solution suggested, is to roll back to the older version of the Android. That can be done only by a factory reset !!
It is disappointing that such a very popular operation system could not just run the basic functions !!

About phones operating systems, I guess Android is not the best, I even had a Nokia Lumia few years ago, it had windows 8. it hangs only like once a year !. in Android that is a pretty common weekly experience.

Anyway! I will have just to do factory reset

Back