Selecting "80%" on timed charging doesn't work.

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLKiaEV

When I go to the screen that allows you to set a charging schedule and whether you want to charge to 80% or 100%, if I select 80% and click "save" I always get a message that says "Settings were not saved. Try again later". Any ideas why this would be? In the meantime it's no big deal to manually stop the charging at 80%, but it would certainly be more convenient if I didn't have to.

I feel like I've seen this exact same issue just recently.

Sorry that I can't explain this, but try removing your SD card while the car is on, then after the reboot reinsert it and reboot again, then see if you're able to save your 80% setting.

Popping out the SD card does fix one issue which is the problem where it shows 0 kilowatts and 0% on the "electricity use" screen. But unfortunately it doesn't fix the 80% problem and "settings not saved" issue.

However! Just today I discovered from mapnsoft, the people who make the map software on that SD card, that the 80% issue is a known bug and there will be a fix released next week, version 14.5.

Yay!

Back