Timed Charging Malfunction

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanL

I like to operate the battery between about 30-80%, so I use the timed charging control option. (The car is the 30kWh model, so the option to select charging to 80% is not available.)

The timed charging has worked well initially, but on the last three occasions, charging has commenced immediately on connection, and stopped at 100%, despite the fact that the screen has confirmed that charging will commence at the set time.

Has anyone else had this happen, please?

-
The common reason this happens is because the timer override button has been pushed in.

Yep. It's the one to the right of the Charge Door Open button, lower left side of the dash. If it's depressed in a bit, you're overriding the timer.

Thanks for your replies. I was not aware of that button. On my car, there's a button labelled OFF, showing a clock face and a cable and plug. It's just below the charge door button, and it was pressed in.

EDIT: Just found it in the manual - the Scheduled Charging Deactivation Button. It would have helped if the timer setting screen were to warn you when it's pressed in.

Anyway, many thanks for sorting that out.

Back