Torque PIDs question. CEC and CED Reset?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinsley207

Hi All,

This may just be for Jejusoul! I've been enjoying using the Torque Pids for Cumulative Energy Charged (CEC) and Cumulative Energy Discharged (CED) but have noticed that they appear to be totals from a previous time or maybe even overall totals for the car. I was thinking it would be be cool to be able to reset the counters and see how much energy I burned in a particular trip, or maybe over a week? But if you RESET the values for the CED PID in torque pro it goes back to zero only briefly and then as soon as it communicates with the car it goes right back to the running total. :D

Can you help? :) Thanks.
Nate

CEC and CED are values in the BMS. You may be able to set up Torque to do a difference between CED and a fixed value, with a reset option being to copy over the current CED value to that fixed value. Similarly for CEC.

-
Cumulative Energy Charged (CEC) and Cumulative Energy Discharged (CED) are values stored in the BMS (Battery Management System) in the car. They only get reset when your BMS firmware is updated.
These values count the total energy charged and discharged from the battery. They are not the same as the values you would calculate from the trip meter. For example CEC includes regenerated energy from braking.

This question was also answered here Battery Ageing Model

To repeat the comment I gave there - "The trip computer results reported by the car and the results calculated from the battery are not the same."
Here's the latest data from my car.

According to the battery data my fuel economy is 77,539 / 15,326.4 = 5.06 km/kWh.
My reported fuel economy by the car is always around 8.0 km/kWh.

-

Back