Map / Nav - adding plugshare (and other) charging stations

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irfca

Maybe the map support and defaults are different between Canada and other countries - we don't have automatic map updates, from what I can tell, we have to actually go to the Kia dealership and get out map updated.

Currently, we only seem to have ChargePoint charging stations - which is fine, but they represent less than 1/2 of the stations in the Toronto area. I'd like to add in the PlugShare stations - at least on the routes I tend to travel or plan to travel ... doing this manually is seemingly impossible (I have only figured out how to add simpler points of interest ... no charging stations yet) ...

Has anyone looked at the SD card to see if it can be:
1) backed up / copied
2) data format might allow adding more charge stations fairly easily

The software engineer in me is curious, I just have not had time to look at it myself. Has anyone else?

Some youtube reviews said the EV station data is provided by siriusxm: https://www.siriusxm.com/travellink/services

Also interested to know how the updates work, I know Toyota made you go in to the dealer to update your map on the Prius...

Also want to know if any apps will ever be developed besides Yelp???

Back