Bluetooth Cell goes into Headset mode

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstack6

We just got our SOUL EV a few weeks ago. When I set up my wife's android SamSung S4 cell phone on the Bluetooth the phone always goes into Headset mode, we of course can't heard and have to pull the phone out and push the headset icon on the phone to go to normal which then disconnects from the Bluetooth.

My S4 phone did the same. It worked fine in our LEAF and FORD Focus EV but just acts up in the SOUL EV.
Is there an option in the car or Phone to fix this?

This happens on incoming or out going calls. I've tried every setting I can find in the car and phone but no luck.

I am having the same issue. I thought it was due to my Samsung phones (Galaxy S3 and Note 4) but I tried new iPhone 6 and got the same behavior. I disconnected the battery to reset the whole system, then it worked fine for first few calls, then eventually problem started again. I asked the local dealer service department but they were clueless, saying some phones are just not compatible. I am suspecting either the bluetooth module on the car is defective or system needs new firmware. Anyone experiencing similar problems?

My iPhone 6 does the same thing, so its not just android phones. What "fixes" it for me is to turn the phone ringer off and then back on. A small annoyance.

I discovered that my bluetooth connection only works consistently (not go into private mode) when the Radio is powered on first. I am suspecting it's a some kind of bug with the radio/bluetooth firmware. If many of us are having issues, they should provide a fix...at least a free update. Might be worth checking with a local dealer and see if they can do anything about it.

Back