700 Miles and A/C is no longer blowing COLD.

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklight

2016 EV+ with 750 miles and I noticed just today that at the lowest 62F temperature setting the A/C is now just blowing medium cool, not the cold it was originally. I just updated to 9.5 on my vehicle's system computer, could this have contributed in any way to the corresponding A/C inefficiency? Has anyone else had a similar issue? Is there any adjustments that can be made to reduce the temp? Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

I have had my A/C fixed on my car. Many KIA Souls in Norway has had problem with their A/C, and according to my dealership, this is a known weakness on many Souls. It only took about 1 hour to get it fixed.

Does it blow colder if you have Eco mode off? If so, it may be a software change, otherwise get it checked out.

Dealer just informed me there is a slow coolant leak at the expansion valve. They need special tools and equipment to fix it and will have to order in the parts and then fly in a tech from Oahu to do the work. Meanwhile, they are giving me a Soul non-EV loaner.

Hello, Glad to see your issue is solved.

For others that may have an AC issue- I had a similar issue with AC- it was a connection issue in the fuse box that prevented the main engine fan from working. Check my posts on this.

Back