Soul EV CarPlay Update File

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylor224

Hello,

I am driving Soul EV in South Korea.

In South Korea, KIA did not support CarPlay update of previous Soul EV.

We cannot use CarPlay and AndroidAuto.

I heard, I can download CarPlay upgrade file in myUVO site. But I cannot sign up in US myUVO site. Because I don't have US Soul EV VIN.

So Is there anybody to send me a Soul EV CarPlay upgrade file?

I think, if I upgrade Korea Soul EV with US upgrade file, Some function will not working such as UVO, Remote Control, Map, Call. But I want to use CarPlay.

According to news article, KIA Korea will not support CarPlay for old Soul EV in Korea.

I will really appreciate if anyone send the file to my email.
[email protected]

Thank you.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.JPG

taylor224: welcome to the forum. I am also driving a Soul EV in South Korea.
I will be interested to know what happens when you try to install the US software, please post the outcome.

I have written a thread about installing the Korean map and Navi software upgrades. - Upgrading the Korean Map

Your photo is of an SK rental car. see - EV Rental Cars in Jeju, South Korea.
Did you long term rent this car, or have you bought a used one?
If you bought it, can you let me know the price and details because I am currently talking with them about buying a used Soul EV.

JejuSoul said:
taylor224: welcome to the forum. I am also driving a Soul EV in South Korea.
I will be interested to know what happens when you try to install the US software, please post the outcome.

I have written a thread about installing the Korean map and Navi software upgrades. - Upgrading the Korean Map

Your photo is of an SK rental car. see - EV Rental Cars in Jeju, South Korea.
Did you long term rent this car, or have you bought a used one?
If you bought it, can you let me know the price and details because I am currently talking with them about buying a used Soul EV.

Oh, nice to meet you.

I am riding Soul EV with long term rent of SK rent a car.

I wanted to buy used Soul EV, but there are no people selling Soul EV in used market or too high price almost price of new car.

I am contacting to KIA US to get CarPlay upgrading file but I think it is hard to get.

First, Korea Soul EV VIN is not working in US myUVO site. Website said wrong VIN(not in their database).

I want to someone send me a ZIP file with following step..

Download upgrade file and copy to SD card and ZIP the all of SD Card contents.

For those of you that live in Korea can you check with a dealer there and find out how much they charge for the Soul EV OEM wheel, black with white centers, like your vehicles have? I possibly want to buy 4 of them and ship them to Hawaii. Many thanks. I have the 9.5 update and can possibly help you with obtaining that update but I will need to take it off the SD card and transfer to my computer first. Please let me know about the wheels by PM. Mahalo!

use a car paint standart job, it's more cheap.
the white plat is plastic cover mounted with screw.

http://www.mykiasoulev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=678

From his post here - Wheel Differences I guess Darklight already knows about painting the inserts. I will ask dealer for prices. But the cost of shipping alone surely makes this less than sensible.

I assume it is the wheel itself he wants. To swap this -

10397_Soul_EV_wireless_charging_concept-1024x576.jpg

for this

nwan8w.jpg

Back