New Software out?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmoothJ

I just checked, and there appears to be new software out for the Soul EV?:

Software Version: ST.PSEV.USA.E512.161024
Date Available: Jan 05, 2017

I could of sworn I updated just a few weeks back, but it says "Date Available" is the 5th, so maybe this is a newer version.

So I tried to use my new maps SD card, and even though in the directory structure it said 161024 (just received it a few weeks ago), I was not able to update the SW (software is already up to date according to the headunit). I also tried to update via the software download, and it also said it was up to date.

I then viewed the configuration INF of the download and it stated the following:

SW_VERSION=ST.PSEV.USA.E512.161024

I then took my old card (which currently has ST.PSEV.NA.E512.160627) and I tried to update, and it said there was a update available. So I am downloading the update now, and we will see what happens.

Well, it worked. However I am not sure what changed in this update. I went though the EV screens, and some others but everything appears to be the same.

EDIT: for some reason it does not like the IMG urls I provided. Please see the following album: https://goo.gl/photos/o346Vj9H37hfx5nR8

The main highlight though is that the software is now upgraded to ST.PSEV.USA.E512.161024

Maybe they will update it so that you don't have to call them to de-register the car from UVO when it is sold. It was sure a hassle to get my used Soul EV+ registered to me.

SmoothJ said:
Well, it worked. However I am not sure what changed in this update. I went though the EV screens, and some others but everything appears to be the same.

EDIT: for some reason it does not like the IMG urls I provided. Please see the following album: https://goo.gl/photos/o346Vj9H37hfx5nR8

The main highlight though is that the software is now upgraded to ST.PSEV.USA.E512.161024

Did you buy the Map updates on SD card? From the map version you have that looks like what you have done, upgraded to maps version 10.5.

That is a different update to the CarPlay update as far as I am aware.

I believe there are two updates:

1) firmware for the head unit, CarPlay and Android Auto
2) yearly updates to the maps.

I didn't buy per say, it was done at the dealer expense. However they both (the one from the dealer, and the one from kia-gpsmap.us), have a /updates folder. In that folder, is where the HU would look for new updates for itself. Both of the versions had the ST.PSEV.NA.E511.161024 in the ini file, however some of the files had a different checksums, which is possibly why they did not update and stated it was already updated.

The one that was installed was indeed from myuvo, and not from kia-gpsmap.us. The copy and paste in the beginning of this thread was also from myuvo.

Again though, after taking a look at the screens, I am not sure what was updated in this release.

MrFlibble said:
Strange!

I have NAM.08.47.44.552.004.1 and I am fully up to date on my UVO.

NAM.08.47.44.552.004.1 is the older version of the maps. Once updated to the latest rev, it will be like I had in the pictures (unless it gets updated again).

I updated mine several days ago. The only item that changed was S/W version. Firmware, Navi App, and Map Ver remain the same as the original CarPlay update.

The only customer-facing change I've noticed is that pressing the "phone" hard key on the infotainment system while my iPhone is connected now brings up the CarPlay dialer instead of the Kia one, which I find to be a nice improvement.

As far as bug fixes, the update seems to have improved CarPlay connection speed, increased volume of USB audio while on CarPlay, and improved the activation speed of the backup camera.

Unfortunately the small OLED display in the instrument cluster still does not show music info nor navigation prompts when using CarPlay (it just says "Apps" like it used to). I hope they improve this in a future update. Otherwise I'm grateful for the bug squashing.

mtndrew1 said:
....Unfortunately the small OLED display in the instrument cluster still does not show music info.... I hope they improve this in a future update.

Since 2014 I had that complaint with my Kia Cadenza... I really doubt they will fix that anytime soon :(

mtndrew1 said:
Otherwise I'm grateful for the bug squashing.

+1 on that one...

SmoothJ said:
MrFlibble said:
Strange!

NAM.08.47.44.552.004.1 is the older version of the maps. Once updated to the latest rev, it will be like I had in the pictures (unless it gets updated again).

There are no more updates for me to run.

The only other option is that I buy the maps to update the head unit.

Glad to see this topic.
Seeing this new info, in my '15 Soul EV, I went to my "Setup\System\check for updates" on my Kia screen, and it reported that there were updates ! So I went thru the update cycle there. Ended up with S/W ver... E512.160627 installed.

Then, in my PC Kia webpage, myUVO account , I checked my car for latest update. Showed that latest was ver. E512.161024.

So then, I downloaded file into my SD card, put card back in Kia, and went thru the update cycle again in the Soul .

I believe these updates do not affect the NAVI; app ver. ST4.NAM.KMC.160617.93676 nor the Map: ver. NAM.08.47.44.552.004.1

Questions; What are these "Software" updates for; fixes or new functions ? Is there any way for Kia Motors to notify owners when a new update is available (Kia has my e-mail) ?

Ed

SmoothJ said:
MrFlibble said:
Strange!

That's the strange thing. I am fully up to date!

MrFlibble said:
SmoothJ said:
MrFlibble said:
Strange!

On your maps as well? My maps were at least 1 year out of date before I asked the dealer for a newer/updated version.

SmoothJ said:
MrFlibble said:
SmoothJ said:

On your maps as well? My maps were at least 1 year out of date before I asked the dealer for a newer/updated version.

My maps are older - I can update them for $150.

Not much of a need now that Apple CarPlay and Android Auto work - those are fare more up to date.

I can't seem to download the executable file from the MyUvo website to perform the software update. I am able to begin the download, but every time the download fails due to "insufficient permissions". That's on Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Any ideas why?

Back