How to turn off "get to a charger soon" warning?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtp

Wow, this is the first time we let the car get down to 25% battery. We still had 21 miles or so to go. Suddenly, every 30 seconds, the screen lights up and a loud woman's voice announces "Get thee to a nearby charging station NOW!"

Now, I truly hate to be bullied by machines. I was only a couple of blocks from home, but if I were actually out and about and running low on battery power, I can't imagine anything more stressful (and less safe) than Sister Mary-Kia giving orders.

There must be a way to silence her.

Hi jtp, welcome to the forum.

Some trivia:

1/ Even if you set the warning level to once only, it is possible to hear her again. If you regen back above the 25% level, she will warn again when you go back down through 25%.

2/ The only way to be sure she only speaks once is to leave the warning on the display. Do not click 'okay' and she'll stay quiet.

3/ Upgrading the map software loses the warning level frequency setting.

4/ Her name is SAMANTHA not Sister Mary-Kia. see Voice Software

You can turn the warning off altogether by just unticking the currently selected box. I drive in the city and I find 25% as the low warning level very unhelpful.

Back