2015 / 2016 SoulEV / EV+ cold-weather spec differences

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyoorkate

I’m considering getting a Soul EV – and have a bit of a question. We’ve been considering a used Soul EV (as if we sell our first gen Honda Insight that should give us enough cash with our car-savings to buy one outright).

One of our local Soul dealers (Lee Johnson, in Kirkland, WA) informed me that the 2015 versions of the Soul EV have some specification differences that mean that any MY15 vehicle will not have the cold-weather kit that all MY16s have. He suggested that as a WA resident I should avoid 2015 Souls altogether and instead get either a MY16 or a MY17 (lease) vehicle. Worse, he said that the cold-weather spec is only applied to vehicles destined for first registration in more northern states, so any ex-California cars would also give significantly worse cold weather performance in our colder climate.

I knew I needed a vehicle with a heat pump (we used to have a UK spec iMiEV which has no heat pump and the range in winter was horrendously impacted by the heater). But I can’t see any obvious references to any other changes between the 15 and 16 year Soul EVs. Is anyone able to shed light on this?

Thanks!

Back