Charge 100percent 143 k

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a 2017 soul for two weeks, when we drove it for the first time it had 160 on the range, as of today it reads 143 and says fully charged! Should I be worried?

ty

Chris

There several factors that impact the predicted range that you see displayed -- state of charge, heating/air conditioning use, exterior temperature... but the most significant is your recent driving efficiency. Even if charged to 100% each night, your predicted range may vary from day to day depending on how efficiently you drove the day before.

if you choose OFF instead AUTO ... you raise your range.
simple : climate control decrease range indicator ... immediately.

try.

The equation should count the fact, the temperature, the driver habit, the winter tire (If any), your need for heat or comfort in the cabin. Here's in Quebec we started new at 160km range and with -20c it's barely 105km (this is almost a 6 month old car) So we lost about 30% (btw i didn't change any driver habit since the EV came in my life).

I feel with what i've read in EV group, it's kind of normal. Li Ion have that particular reaction to cold. What i believe that what speak more is the SOH State of Health of the battery, it would be good to do a check on the battery after a year old.

Back