Long term EV storage

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floridasoul

I need to store my Kia Soul EV and my Kia Niro PHEV for four months. Kia is no help. Advice for either or both?

Main battery to 50% is best. Do NOT leave them plugged in to the EVSE. Then rest of it is like a gasoline car in terms of tyres and 12V battery. Rather than disconnecting the 12V battery you can flip the switch in the middle of the fusebox by the driver's left knee, but probably best to pull the 12V battery out of the car and leave it on a maintenance charger - NOT a normal charger.

-
I went to the main Kia dealer on the island today to have a look at the N iro EV.
The electric cars on display had been left at 62% SOC. The 12V battery was disconnected.
This technique is a good way to protect both the High Voltage and the 12V battery, if the car is going to be left for a long time.
I was impressed, so often the dealers leave the car at 100% SOC because that shows the highest range on the GOM.

The best way was covered by notfred in the previous post.

The switch is here if you want to turn everything off. (UVO and SmartKey stay alive when the car is off, so if you lock the car after disconnecting you will need to unlock with the physical key). There is a previous discussion about this here - Going on Vacation

igztcz.jpg

Back