oldfieldcycles

seat covers? seat cleaning?

Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:58 am

i need to clean the seats on my 2016 model. the light color cloth gets stained easily. i tried a standard soap solution scrub and a vacuum cleaner and did not do much. anyone have luck with a particular product? also, anyone find good seat covers? all i can find are generic seat covers and the ones i have found for the Kia Soul say "not for EV model" in the description.

IanL

Re: seat covers? seat cleaning?

Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:35 am

Try a stain remover sold by pet shops for cleaning up after pet "accidents".

mammlouk

Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:22 am

I ended up just buying some generic ones at Costco. They work well enough and only cost me $20 on sale. I think the main reason that the vehicle specific ones all say not for the EV is because it might interfere with the heating/cooling. I only have heated cloth and it's too hot for me, so I wouldn't worry about it reducing the heat transfer. I was going to order some, but decided I'm just too cheap. :lol: If you are interested in spending the money for vehicle specific covers then I would call them and ask some questions to see if you can find out why they specify them as not for EV.

FLKiaEV

Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:10 pm

Another issue is that most seat covers have a strap that connects underneath the seat, and in many EVs this space is either very small or not there at all. For example in the Soul EV I don't think there is any room for a strap under the back seat due to the battery pack.

There are seat covers that specifically say they are compatible with ventilated seats, but of the ones I've seen (from CoverKing for example), specifically say they are not compatible with the EV version of cars. Bummer, because I would really like to keep my seats in good shape if possible, and I use the ventilated seats all the time (haven't had a need for the heat setting yet).
Russell
Kissimmee, Florida USA

"Even 93 miles of range is 3 times farther than the average person drives in a day."

Return to “Modifications and Accessories”