Can I upgrade my Soul EV-e (California only trim without infotainment)

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markimark

Hello,

I have an 2016 EV-e which does not include the upgraded infotainment center (Navigation, UVO, EV info button, and was wondering if I could order an infotainment from kia and replace mine? Are the wiring and necessary connections already there?

Thanks!

I was looking to upgrade the wifes 2016 Soul Base (Gas) with the touch screen radio yesterday. I called 2 different dealerships and both parts departments told me that Kia does NOT do upgrades like that. They go off the VIN and will only replace back to Stock (or what ever add-ons the car had from the factory) so they could not sell me an "Upgraded" radio as I wanted. They both apologized and said in a reluctant tone "Just get a cool 3rd-Party one". I asked if that would break my warranty and they said no just dont "splice" wires and the warranty does not cover the new radio.

Hope this helps man =)

Thanks for the info! The drag about buying a cool replacement is that it doesn't have the integrated EV information and utility features of the upgraded Kia stereo system that comes on the standard and plus trim levels.

Yea I also asked if I could just get an upgraded one from a pick a part place and was told the "Software" would not know what to do in that screen. So just something to think about.

Back