White parts on wheels

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
quebecguy63 said:
Did somebody already tried to paint the white parts of the wheel in another colour ?

If so, what type of paint ?

And a related question - does anyone know how susceptible the white is to "curbing" or other scratches? Do we need to be extra, extra careful as we park with these wheels?

you have 2 choice :
- covering (with hot fan) like the regular covering on body car.
- Paintshop (wings).

The first is, in all cases, the least expensive and you can test the color ... and change it with hot karsher wash (like all industrial mark).

Y6ByVC.jpg

I think it was on the facebook page, I saw some pics with the white plates removed.
There are 3 screws holding each panel on. You must remove the wheel, because one screw is close to the lug nuts.

I don't know what kind of paint is preferred, I was probably just going to use rattle cans (spray paint). After 10 months, we have not scratched the rims at all so I am not too worried.

me, too ... no scratch after many month in city.
big nexen tire is a good choice of Kia for the city defense. :idea:

wrickcook said:
I don't know what kind of paint is preferred, I was probably just going to use rattle cans (spray paint). After 10 months, we have not scratched the rims at all so I am not too worried.

Plasti Dip and Rust-oleum Flexi Dip are spray can products that create a removable paint coating. Lots more info can be found at www.dipyourcar.com

Back