Future Battery

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monotonebird

Hello, I have just bought a Soul 2017...I was wondering a few years from now it would be somewhat normal to upgrade the range and battery? Is this likely?

TY,

Chis

Yes i would believe so. Is it worth it? Maybe not or maybe yes, it all depend on the cost of the news upgrade batteries? I've taught of that too but my knowledge in electronic is basic and in my understanding ... it's logic and possible. Why not but at what cost? I sure hope it will be an option easy to do. Has a kid, i did a lot of thing with a different perspective view, i wish i could get these eye and curiosity back without cash flow problem ;-)

Lots of owners hope for this but I have yet to see a single EV where this happened, apart from Tesla unlocking already existing capacity.

The Leaf has been sold since 2011 and with battery increases across the model years but as far as I'm aware you can't put a new model battery in an old model Leaf. You can replace the battery if it goes bad, but it is like for like.

It's a little more complicated than just swapping the battery because there is also the BMS that needs to know about what battery it is talking to. This may lead to further necessary updates of various computers - remember that there are over 20 different computers all talking on the main CAN bus in the Soul EV.

Back