Power Seats?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcjonescsrp

Can the Soul EV's manual front seats be replaced with power seats from a conventional Soul? If so, will they be any lower?

I REALLY want to buy a 2015 Soul EV, but my wife (4'10" / 1.47 m short) can barely get into the driver's seat (25" / 635 mm high), and can NOT get into the passenger's seat (26.5" / 673 mm high). Plus, she has rheumatoid arthritis, and cannot adjust any of the manual controls. I found a Soul service manual online (free!) showing the exact placement of the seat bolt holes, but haven't found a service manual for the Soul EV.

Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated!

--Grateful in Houston

P.S. Have not found any running boards or step bars that will fit the Soul, and motorized seat lifts for the handicapped are half the cost of the car!

-
Hmm. This is the first post about the seats on this forum.
I don't think it is going to be easy to replace the seats, but please report back if you find out more.
For your wife's sake I hope I am wrong.

Anyway here's some images from the 2015 Soul EV service manual. I do not think they will be useful because they have probably just cut and pasted these pages out of the gasoline Soul service manual. Hence they will not be for the actual seats you have. The EV service manual is full of such pages cut and pasted that warn the mechanic not to touch the hot exhaust pipe.

I think they are cut and pasted because they show the motor connector. The Soul EV does not have motorised seats. Similarly they don't show the ventilated seats until later. I do have that feature.

Hope these help.

-

Second post actually LOL

I brought that up as a 'miss' in our 2019. Our 2015 SX+ had power and the seating position was WAY more accommodating than this model.

I think it was really cheap on their part not to do this; however, I wonder if it is a safety issue in a side crash or something puncturing the battery or not enough clearance?

Cheers, Bruce

Barvic said:
I think it was really cheap on their part not to do this; however, I wonder if it is a safety issue in a side crash or something puncturing the battery or not enough clearance?

Every review I've read or watched mentioned the stripping down of features as a way to reduce weight and improve range. Same reason we have fewer, non-premium speakers and no subwoofer even in the plus trim.

Back